Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Tickets on sale now

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 spycake

spycake

• 18,666 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 09:18 AM

So tickets for the first 17 home games apparently went on sale at 10 AM today (Thursday, March 25).

Anybody here buy some? Or try to buy?

#2 jctwins

jctwins

• 449 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 09:32 AM

I can share that the season ticket holder presale was a terrible experienced. It crashed on me for the first 30 minutes until I switched over to Microsoft Edge. 

#3 wsnydes

wsnydes

Abnormal, the new normal.

• 4,330 posts
  • LocationApple Valley

Posted 25 March 2021 - 09:54 AM

I can share that the season ticket holder presale was a terrible experienced. It crashed on me for the first 30 minutes until I switched over to Microsoft Edge. 

Were you still able to get tickets after all of that? I'm curious to see what the turnout among the season ticket holders will be, especially early in the season. I didn't even try this time around, but might when they release the next batch.This will be the first time in 18 years that I won't make the home opener. I'm not even sure I'll be able to make the games that are in my package. I love weekday day games, but only when I'm able to partake in them!

Also, how did you fare in the temporary seat location? I actually got the same seats, much to my surprise.

"Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. Sometimes it rains."

#4 Puckett34

Puckett34

• 1,643 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 25 March 2021 - 10:15 AM

Got tickets through the pre-sale two days ago, not a STH but I had a credit on my account from the 2020 season. Experience was ok after I figured out I needed to log-in to see what tickets were available.

Hit dingers. Never bunt.

#5 lecroy24fan

lecroy24fan

• 345 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 03:37 PM

It was just as bad today for getting opener tickets.

#6 Giles Ferrell

Giles Ferrell

• 65 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 04:07 PM

After reading this I feel like I was the only one who did not have any issues with the site. 

Waiting for the return of the Dome Dog.

#7 jctwins

jctwins

• 449 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 03:45 PM

Were you still able to get tickets after all of that? I'm curious to see what the turnout among the season ticket holders will be, especially early in the season. I didn't even try this time around, but might when they release the next batch.This will be the first time in 18 years that I won't make the home opener. I'm not even sure I'll be able to make the games that are in my package. I love weekday day games, but only when I'm able to partake in them!

Also, how did you fare in the temporary seat location? I actually got the same seats, much to my surprise.

I missed out on OD tickets by about 5 minutes. I was extremely pissed by that time. 

How they would sell tickets to "STH" and then to the public without a risk free experience to full STH is absolutely beyond belief for me. What a terrible way to reward your most loyal "customers". 

I did get a variety of tickets for other games, but they were spread around, as opposed to the Club Level where my regular seats are. On the upside I'm spending less for the less reliable weather games, so there's that. 

• wsnydes likes this

#8 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

A Little Teapot

• Owner
  • 24,491 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 03:51 PM

My vaccination won’t be fully complete (2 shots + 2 weeks) for over a month so no live baseball until mid-May for me.
  • dbminn and Nine of twelve like this

#9 wsnydes

wsnydes

• 4,330 posts
  • LocationApple Valley

Posted 05 April 2021 - 04:11 PM

My vaccination won’t be fully complete (2 shots + 2 weeks) for over a month so no live baseball until mid-May for me.

This is me too. Though, I'm headed to Florida for a trip that was supposed to happen this time last year, so I won't be risking anything before then. So, it'll be late May at the earliest for me.
  • Nine of twelve likes this

#10 wsnydes

wsnydes

• 4,330 posts
  • LocationApple Valley

Posted 05 April 2021 - 04:30 PM

I missed out on OD tickets by about 5 minutes. I was extremely pissed by that time.

How they would sell tickets to "STH" and then to the public without a risk free experience to full STH is absolutely beyond belief for me. What a terrible way to reward your most loyal "customers".

I did get a variety of tickets for other games, but they were spread around, as opposed to the Club Level where my regular seats are. On the upside I'm spending less for the less reliable weather games, so there's that.

Yeah, it kinda seems like the full STH get screwed with the way things are set up at the moment. I've just got a 20 game package and it's basically the same as if there wasn't a pandemic at all. Same seats, same schedule (I think), same opportunity for Home Opener. I'm not entirely sure what the right answer is, but it seems like the opener is a place to start.

#11 lecroy24fan

lecroy24fan

• 345 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 05:40 AM

Yeah, it kinda seems like the full STH get screwed with the way things are set up at the moment. I've just got a 20 game package and it's basically the same as if there wasn't a pandemic at all. Same seats, same schedule (I think), same opportunity for Home Opener. I'm not entirely sure what the right answer is, but it seems like the opener is a place to start.

I was only able to get one game with my 20 game package so far and it is nowhere near where I am supposed to be. In fact it is a cheaper ticket but no credit for that either.

#12 wsnydes

wsnydes

• 4,330 posts
  • LocationApple Valley

Posted 06 April 2021 - 05:48 AM

I was only able to get one game with my 20 game package so far and it is nowhere near where I am supposed to be. In fact it is a cheaper ticket but no credit for that either.

That sucks. I wonder how they decide those things. I assume seniority plays into it, but how do they do it beyond that?

Are you sure that you didn't get a credit? It was my understanding that we'd get the difference in price as a credit. I could be wrong though.

#13 tfbw

tfbw

GCL Twins

• 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 06:21 AM

Easy peasy.Bought tix for the April 13th game.No issues with the app; got the seats I wanted.

#14 lecroy24fan

lecroy24fan

• 345 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 02:32 PM

That sucks. I wonder how they decide those things. I assume seniority plays into it, but how do they do it beyond that?

Are you sure that you didn't get a credit? It was my understanding that we'd get the difference in price as a credit. I could be wrong though.

I only have 18 vouchers left after I use 2 for the game. I was under the same impression that we'd get credit.

#15 wsnydes

wsnydes

• 4,330 posts
  • LocationApple Valley

Posted 06 April 2021 - 02:39 PM

I only have 18 vouchers left after I use 2 for the game. I was under the same impression that we'd get credit.

So, did you choose to the account credit option for your seats?I choose to take a temporary seat location, which I would then get credit for the difference in price. That's stated in an email. Perhaps that's the difference?

#16 lecroy24fan

lecroy24fan

• 345 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 05:44 PM

So, did you choose to the account credit option for your seats?I choose to take a temporary seat location, which I would then get credit for the difference in price. That's stated in an email. Perhaps that's the difference?

I never got any emails as far as seat selection went. I got one voicemail that stated it would be my turn to pick seats soon, but i called and left several messages for my rep but never heard back and then tickets went on sale and I had the vouchers in my account. My tickets were supposed to be Infield Box Middle. I had to settle for diamond box upper which is not a part of the flex 20 package.

On top of this I have never spoken with my rep nor has he returned any calls or emails.

#17 wsnydes

wsnydes

• 4,330 posts
  • LocationApple Valley

Posted 06 April 2021 - 06:37 PM

I never got any emails as far as seat selection went. I got one voicemail that stated it would be my turn to pick seats soon, but i called and left several messages for my rep but never heard back and then tickets went on sale and I had the vouchers in my account. My tickets were supposed to be Infield Box Middle. I had to settle for diamond box upper which is not a part of the flex 20 package.

On top of this I have never spoken with my rep nor has he returned any calls or emails.

Ok, so you've got a flex plan. That explains the vouchers. I'm not sure how those plans work. I've got a fixed seat 20 game package. I'd call the main STH line and see if you can get some answers to your questions. Somebody should be returning your attempts to reach out.

Good luck!

#18 lecroy24fan

lecroy24fan

• 345 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 06:46 PM

Ok, so you've got a flex plan. That explains the vouchers. I'm not sure how those plans work. I've got a fixed seat 20 game package. I'd call the main STH line and see if you can get some answers to your questions. Somebody should be returning your attempts to reach out.

Good luck!

Thanks I've called and still don't get any answers. Seems like it shouldn't be hard to get in touch with my rep or at least het answers. But i shouldn't have to take a cheaper ticket and not get credit.

#19 wsnydes

wsnydes

• 4,330 posts
  • LocationApple Valley

Posted 06 April 2021 - 06:54 PM

Thanks I've called and still don't get any answers. Seems like it shouldn't be hard to get in touch with my rep or at least het answers. But i shouldn't have to take a cheaper ticket and not get credit.

Yeah, I've never had issues getting in touch with my reps. I'm not sure what more I'd suggest, aside from hitting up the STH booth when you do get to a game. Corner them until you get the answers you're after. Hopefully you can get things resolved that way.

#20 jctwins

jctwins

• 449 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 04:27 PM

Considering how much effort the Twins put into trying to get people to come to games and buy tickets, they have no clue how to manage season ticket holder customer service. They are all focused on sales over service.