Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Johnny Damon arrested

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• 10,324 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 10:50 AM

https://www.cnn.com/...trnd/index.html

I have had clients treated a lot worse by cops for doing a lot less during a traffic stop. Can't quite figure out what the difference is though.:angry:

• woolywoolhouse and Bickle19 like this

#2 ScrapTheNickname

ScrapTheNickname

• 3,135 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 02:23 PM

That was hard to watch. 4 times the legal limit. His wife misbehaved worse than he did. Then he complains that he was arrested because he's a Trump supporter. Former athlete, I don't care.

• Richard Swerdlick likes this

#3 h2oface

h2oface

Lifelong since '61

• 5,470 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 11 March 2021 - 03:25 PM

Surely drunk. Surely needed to be charged with DUI. No way he should have been driving and making his car a possible killing weapon. But I see unneccessary escalation by overzealous "peace" officer. Of course the charges of resisting arrest were droppped. They never should have been charged. Damon was going nowhere. The drunks just wanted to talk to the cop, as drunks do. Why people are ever stupid enough to get behind the wheel when they are drunk will never cease to amaze me. 

• AceWrigley and Richard Swerdlick like this

#4 whosafraidofluigirussolo

whosafraidofluigirussolo

• 283 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 04:28 PM

First "blue lives matter" is an attempt to gain favor with the cop stopping him, and then when that doesn't work, he must have been targeted for being a Trump supporter (implicitly a position that favors more authority and control for cops.) What absolutely epic stupidity.

• adorduan, jud6312 and wabene like this

#5 LA VIkes Fan

LA VIkes Fan

• 2,001 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 06:21 PM

Geez, what an idiot. The wife is worse. The officer should have let him talk and then arrested him rather than escalating but still, what an idiot. I had an old college friend in Texas get behind the wheel at a .31, screw up traffic, hit somebody, and get charged with attempted murder. Over charged but he wound up in Sate prison for a significant chunk of time. Damon is lucky that isn't him. The sad thing is that he probably isn't even embarrassed by his behavior. 

#6 wabene

wabene

Wahoo

• 1,338 posts
  • LocationDuluth

Posted 11 March 2021 - 06:31 PM

Doesn't seem like this was the first time driving after having a couple. Sheesh, .03? I would have still been lying on the floor at wherever they were drinking.
  • dbminn likes this

#7 Shaitan

Shaitan

St Paul Saints

• 1,744 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 08:52 PM

He's lucky to be alive at that BAC.

#8 Nine of twelve

Nine of twelve

Minnesota Twins

• 3,723 posts
  • LocationEarth, for the time being

Posted 11 March 2021 - 09:13 PM

I'm not a medical provider but .31 sounds like full-blown alcoholism to me, especially when coupled with driving at that level of intoxication. I hope for his sake he gets successful treatment.

• ScrapTheNickname and adorduan like this

#9 mickeymental

mickeymental

• 1,417 posts

Posted 12 March 2021 - 01:11 AM

when someone tells you who they are ...

damon.png

• Hosken Bombo Disco and AdoreAdorno like this

#10 old nurse

old nurse

• 4,147 posts

Posted 12 March 2021 - 05:38 AM

He's lucky to be alive at that BAC.

It is unlikely that it was his first time there at that level

• adorduan likes this

#11 SF Twins Fan

SF Twins Fan

Wichita Wind Surge

• 711 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 12 March 2021 - 03:26 PM

I'm confused. What did the cop do that was wrong? There are clearly two people who are extremely drunk and not following any of the directions he was giving. 

#12 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• 10,324 posts

Posted 13 March 2021 - 09:53 AM

I'm confused. What did the cop do that was wrong? There are clearly two people who are extremely drunk and not following any of the directions he was giving. 

The cop didn't do anything wrong. Point was that I - and many other lawyers - have had clients treated much, much worse by cops for doing far less than what Johnny and his wife did. 

#13 Squirrel

Squirrel

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 26,979 posts
  • LocationFrostbite Falls, MN

Posted 13 March 2021 - 11:09 AM

The cop didn't do anything wrong. Point was that I - and many other lawyers - have had clients treated much, much worse by cops for doing far less than what Johnny and his wife did.

Yes, your agenda was perfectly clear in your first post. Were your clients also baseball players like Damon? If not, then that's as far as this tangent goes on this site. And I, personally, don’t even disagree with the point you are making, but you know better. This is a baseball website and just because your vehicle is a baseball player, doesn’t make this a baseball discussion.

• nicksaviking likes this
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”