- Article: Packers vs. Vikings Game Thread
Today, 03:55 PM
- Article: Vikings are Young and a Bit Restless
Today, 11:44 AM
- Where Should The NFL Expand?
Today, 11:16 AM
- Article: Packers vs. Vikings preview: Time to Chill Out
Today, 10:26 AM
- Article: Fantasy Football Week 12 Rankings
Today, 08:46 AM
- Would the Vikings have made the playoffs if Adrian Peterson was playing?
Yesterday, 11:23 AM
- Article: Preparing For Life Without Adrian Peterson
Yesterday, 11:10 AM
- Article: Adrian Peterson/NFLPA Submit Letter of Appeal to NFL
Nov 21 2014 11:11 PM
- Article: NFL Suspends Adrian Peterson for Remainder of 2014 Season
Nov 21 2014 03:08 PM
- Peterson's Mea Culpa Tour Is Starting A Little Late
Nov 21 2014 11:31 AM
Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:43 AM
Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:34 PM
What I just typed is probably an opinion, not a fact. I mean, I'm usually right, so you should maybe assume it is or will be a fact soon, but that's up to you.
Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:07 PM
I'll say this, Terry Ryan phase II appears to be willing to cut bait on mistakes, and not just keep them around to keep from looking bad. Refreshing change from other GMs in this market (Spielman....).
I think any GM would have made a similar decision. There was no commitment to Doyle, and he showed no signs of being a serviceable player.
Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:13 PM
Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:49 PM
I'll say this... when the changes happened a few years ago that allowed teams an extra year to evaluate players, there are fewer and fewer players drafted in the Rule 5, much less sticking with the team that drafts them. #1 overall Rule 5 picks generally don't stay with the team that picks them.
Indeed. People get overly excited about who needs to be added to the 40 man roster or "lose them in the Rule 5 draft."