- Breaking: Zimmer said the Vikings practiced yesterday
Today, 07:35 PM
- This Week in the NFC North - Week 13
Today, 07:22 PM
- Article: Zimmer Wants Wins—Does Anyone Else?
Today, 03:50 PM
- Greg Jennings Receives Courage Award
Today, 12:30 PM
- Article: When Should We Start Worrying About Teddy? Not This Year
Today, 11:15 AM
- Article: Fantasy Football Week 13 Rankings
Today, 08:43 AM
- Article: The Vikings New Number One Wide Receiver?!?
Yesterday, 07:51 PM
- Article: Vikings Journal Mailbag: David Yankey, Drafting and the Offensive Line
Yesterday, 06:21 AM
- Matt Kalil's brother Ryan comes to his defense
Nov 26 2014 04:02 PM
- Article: Where Do We Point The Finger?
Nov 26 2014 03:17 PM
Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:43 AM
Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:34 PM
What I just typed is probably an opinion, not a fact. I mean, I'm usually right, so you should maybe assume it is or will be a fact soon, but that's up to you.
Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:07 PM
I'll say this, Terry Ryan phase II appears to be willing to cut bait on mistakes, and not just keep them around to keep from looking bad. Refreshing change from other GMs in this market (Spielman....).
I think any GM would have made a similar decision. There was no commitment to Doyle, and he showed no signs of being a serviceable player.
Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:13 PM
Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:49 PM
I'll say this... when the changes happened a few years ago that allowed teams an extra year to evaluate players, there are fewer and fewer players drafted in the Rule 5, much less sticking with the team that drafts them. #1 overall Rule 5 picks generally don't stay with the team that picks them.
Indeed. People get overly excited about who needs to be added to the 40 man roster or "lose them in the Rule 5 draft."