- Article: Where Do We Point The Finger?
Today, 09:45 AM
- Article: Vikings Journal Mailbag: David Yankey, Drafting and the Offensive Line
Today, 07:45 AM
- Article: When Should We Start Worrying About Teddy? Not This Year
Today, 07:28 AM
- Article: Fantasy Football Pants Party Podcast - Week 13
Today, 12:48 AM
- Former Viking And Love Boat Coordinator Fred Smoot Arrested
Yesterday, 01:35 PM
- MUST SEE: Vikings' Matt Kalil Knocks Hat Off Fans' Head
Yesterday, 10:35 AM
- REPORT: Phil Loadholt Done For Season With Torn Pec
Nov 24 2014 08:52 PM
- Aaron Rodgers downs a "Grape Crush" at postgame press conference...
Nov 24 2014 03:35 PM
- Vikings legal team working with NFL to keep AP on sidelines
Nov 24 2014 03:03 PM
- AWESOME --> "The Bits Of Broken Chair Trophy"
Nov 24 2014 03:02 PM
Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:43 AM
Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:34 PM
What I just typed is probably an opinion, not a fact. I mean, I'm usually right, so you should maybe assume it is or will be a fact soon, but that's up to you.
Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:07 PM
I'll say this, Terry Ryan phase II appears to be willing to cut bait on mistakes, and not just keep them around to keep from looking bad. Refreshing change from other GMs in this market (Spielman....).
I think any GM would have made a similar decision. There was no commitment to Doyle, and he showed no signs of being a serviceable player.
Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:13 PM
Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:49 PM
I'll say this... when the changes happened a few years ago that allowed teams an extra year to evaluate players, there are fewer and fewer players drafted in the Rule 5, much less sticking with the team that drafts them. #1 overall Rule 5 picks generally don't stay with the team that picks them.
Indeed. People get overly excited about who needs to be added to the 40 man roster or "lose them in the Rule 5 draft."