- Notable NFL News (Cuts, signings, injuries, etc.)
Today, 07:44 PM
- Zimmer's Freaky-Fast Friday Presser
Today, 10:58 AM
- This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Chicago Bears
Today, 02:26 AM
- Please welcome our new moderator: Melanie (Funkytown)
Yesterday, 07:51 PM
- This Week in the NFC North - Week 17
Yesterday, 10:43 AM
- Should Teddy win the ROY award?
Yesterday, 10:00 AM
- Will He/Won't He?? - Jerry Kill's future...
Yesterday, 09:43 AM
- Article: We Wish You a Purple Christmas
Yesterday, 09:11 AM
- Vikings Free Agency News
Yesterday, 09:03 AM
- Special Teams fire and cut them all.
Dec 25 2014 07:42 PM
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Yankees/Mariners swap top young talent
No replies to this topic
Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:05 PM
Late last night, the Yankees traded catching prospect Jesus Montero and RHP Hector Noesi to the Seattle Mariners in exchange for young pitchers Michael Pineda and Jose Campos. There are very few trades of young talent and prospects in baseball. The Yankees get a young pitcher in Pineda who had a terrific rookie season in Seattle. He teamed with King Felix to form an intimidating 1-2 punch. Jose Campos is another young pitcher who throws really, really hard. The Mariners received one of baseball's top prospects in catcher Jesus Montero who finally got an opportunity late in the season. The Yankees have a lot of young catchers and needed pitching, but Montero is a lot to give up. That said, he is not a good catcher and Safeco Field isn't exactly a hitter's paradise. I actually really like Noesi, who got time in the Yankees bullpen in 2011 and could start for the Mariners in 2012. Who won the trade? We won't know for several years, but these are fun to discuss.