Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

MinnCentric Forums

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Please read: Twins daily comment policy

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#41 mnfanforlife

mnfanforlife

• Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

I think that references to alcohol and drug use should be included in this. If you really want this forum to not have any language that parents would not want their kids to see you should put a stop to all the talk and remarks that casually glorify drinking alcohol. This is constantly taking place on this forum.

Constantly? Get real. Are you one of those people that thinks prohibition is the answer? Sheesh

#42 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Moderately Moderate

• Twins Mods
  • 5,860 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

I think that references to alcohol and drug use should be included in this. If you really want this forum to not have any language that parents would not want their kids to see you should put a stop to all the talk and remarks that casually glorify drinking alcohol. This is constantly taking place on this forum.

Where? Do you have any examples? I'm on this site pretty regularly and honestly have no idea what you're referring to.

#43 luckylager

luckylager

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

What's so glorious about a bunch of drunk people sitting in their underwear in their dimly lit basements arguing online about Twins baseball?

I think we present a fine example for children - "Do you really wanna grow up to be like this"?

Edited by luckylager, 27 February 2013 - 10:12 AM.

#44 DaveW

DaveW

<3 Mark Derosa <3

• Members
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

Well to be fair the Twins play the past two years has probably driven many of us to harder alcohol.

#45 edavis0308

edavis0308

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

Where? Do you have any examples? I'm on this site pretty regularly and honestly have no idea what you're referring to.

You are holding a beer in your picture. BUSTED.

#46 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Moderately Moderate

• Twins Mods
  • 5,860 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

You are holding a beer in your picture. BUSTED.

Heh, heh....ooops. Posted ImageOk, Ok, that's one.

#47 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Fan

• Twins Mods
  • 8,583 posts
  • LocationIt's complicated.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

Constantly? Get real. Are you one of those people that thinks prohibition is the answer? Sheesh

If it worked in the Twenties, it could work now.

#48 Twins Twerp

Twins Twerp

• Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

If it worked in the Twenties, it could work now.

Thank goodness for the like button. Prohibition did lead to Women's Suffrage, amendment 19 :)

#49 Willihammer

Willihammer

ice cream correspondent

• Members
  • 4,393 posts
  • LocationSaint Paul

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

The law of unintended consequences. My favorite law.

#50 edavis0308

edavis0308

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

Reading through this, I find it pretty funny the concern involved with the beer and alcohol and censorship discussion, all while I have a Summer's Eve banner at the top of the page.

EDIT: Ohhh now it's a banner between posts also.

#51 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Moderation in all things ...

• Twins Mods
  • 9,698 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

Reading through this, I find it pretty funny the concern involved with the beer and alcohol and censorship discussion, all while I have a Summer's Eve banner at the top of the page.

EDIT: Ohhh now it's a banner between posts also.

Makes me wonder what websites you were on for that to be the advertising to pop up on your screen. All my adverts are for shoes.

#52 TwinsFanInPhilly

TwinsFanInPhilly

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

Makes me wonder what websites you were on for that to be the advertising to pop up on your screen. All my adverts are for shoes.

Definitely artificial intelligence at work.

#53 edavis0308

edavis0308

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

You sneaky devil, it's on a work computer!

#54 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Fan

• Twins Mods
  • 8,583 posts
  • LocationIt's complicated.

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

Not sure what connection you're making there. If my kids were still at an impressionable age and raised a dinner-table conversation about what they had seen on TwinsDaily that day, I might caution them about the perils of alcohol addiction. I doubt my wife or I would warn our daughter about overdoing it with a product like Summer's Eve.

#55 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 6,147 posts
  • LocationBeverly Hills, CA

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

Maybe the concern is that Summer's Eve might lead to premarital sex?:)

#56 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Moderately Moderate

• Twins Mods
  • 5,860 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

Maybe the concern is that Summer's Eve might lead to premarital sex?:)

NO!!!! REALLY? THAT HAPPENS IN AMERICA!!?? Posted Image

#57 DaveW

DaveW

<3 Mark Derosa <3

• Members
  • 6,330 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

Posted Image

I am APPALLED!

Family website my as....i mean butt. Now to have a shot of whiske.....apple juice before bed.

#58 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 12,166 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids Michigan

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

Posted Image

I am APPALLED!

Family website my as....i mean butt. Now to have a shot of whiske.....apple juice before bed.

I'm sorry to all impressionable youngsters in attendance but I'm laughing out loud. Look at the right side of the ad... Bordered in purple... It seems there's a video.

And why... Why is there an airplane on the left side.

#59 PseudoSABR

PseudoSABR

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

Why is there an airplane on the left side.

Obviously because some one needs to give a presentation, given the easel set up on the other side. See the product is business lady friendly (duh!)

Personally I'm glad TD (er, google ads) doesn't discriminate gender.

The real question is what sites has Dave been visiting that he gets such ads....

Edited by PseudoSABR, 02 March 2013 - 12:57 AM.

#60 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 12,166 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids Michigan

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:16 AM

Obviously because some one needs to give a presentation, given the easel set up on the other side. See the product is business lady friendly (duh!)

Personally I'm glad TD (er, google ads) doesn't discriminate gender.

The real question is what sites has Dave been visiting that he gets such ads....

Ah... I see... When it says "freshen up in between"... It means in between flying on a business trip and your presentation... And not actually... Literally... In between.

That kinda makes sense.

I thought the product was so versatile that you could also use it to clean the charts off your dry erase board and also clean entire airplanes.

Your way makes more sense.

As for Dave... He was obviously enticed by the video.

Edited by Riverbrian, 02 March 2013 - 08:19 AM.