1. Personal attacks or insults towards other commenters, the post author, journalists, teams, players, members of baseball organizations or agents. (You can be critical, but not personal.)
Bad: Gardy is a fat moron who thinks the #2 batter always has to be a middle infielder.
Fine: It drives me crazy that Gardy seems to think that a #2 batter always has to be a middle infielder.
Bad: Your post clarifies the level of ignorance with which I'm dealing. I'll try again. There is just no justification for Butera to be....
Fine: I'll try again. There is just no justification for Butera to be....
2. Inappropriate language, including swearing and related censor bypass attempts, lewdness, and crude terms for body parts, bodily functions, and physical acts. Also, anything offensive relating to race, gender and sexual identity. Overall, we don’t want any language that a parent would not want their kid to see.
3. Juvenile comments or extensive use of text message-type spelling.
Bad: i cant understand why you think TR is good. he's terrible.
Fine: Terry Ryan needs to be fired, and he needs to be fired soon, before he does any more damage.
4. Copying entire stories from elsewhere on the internet. This is copyrighted content, and we want to respect that. If you're pulling a quote or an example to give people a taste of a story, that's fine. If you're copying everything because you're too lazy to summarize yourself, that's not fine.
5. Comments about how you're sick of this topic or it's not newsworthy.
6. No inappropriate avatars or images are allowed.
7. Anything else we deem bad for business.
8. Spam. (This will result in an immediate and permanent ban.)
9. Please be sensitive to the fact that comments relating to race, gender and sexual identity can be offensive, even when there is no pejorative intent. TD encourages humor and attempts at humor, but please be thoughtful about how something might be interpreted by someone who does not know the author.
10. Alternate (alt) accounts. If you attempt to bypass a moderator ban by creating a second account or if you create a second account whose sole purpose is to incite an argument, all accounts (and your IP address) will be permanently banned from Twins Daily.
We invite members to notify us if any comments violate these guidelines so we can take appropriate action, rather than police it (or worse, angrily react) in the comments section. Each comment has a small icon shaped like a triangle with an exclamation point in it. By clicking on this icon, community members can easily notify us of possible violations.
Breaking the rules will result in deleted posts and bans. Attempts to circumvent bans will results in all accounts being permanently banned (along with their IP address).
Both Twins Daily’s founders and the community consider this policy to be a fundamental responsibility for keeping this community healthy and active. This post will remain visible on the "About Twins Daily" page so it is always accessible. In addition, we’ll feature this story on a semi-regular basis as a reminder.
Thank you for your understanding and commitment. Now, back to play time….