- Article: Bears vs. Vikings Game Thread
Today, 11:06 AM
- 2015 upgrades
Today, 07:53 AM
- Zimmer's Freaky-Fast Friday Presser
Today, 07:49 AM
- Article: Minnesota Vikings Christmas Returns
Today, 06:48 AM
- Article: Bears vs. Vikings preview: Playing for Purple Pride and Jobs
Today, 03:27 AM
- Notable NFL News (Cuts, signings, injuries, etc.)
Yesterday, 07:44 PM
- Article: Ponder Era Ending
Yesterday, 02:57 PM
- This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Chicago Bears
Yesterday, 02:26 AM
- Please welcome our new moderator: Melanie (Funkytown)
Dec 26 2014 07:51 PM
- Article: What's Happened to Zimmer’s Defense?
Dec 26 2014 01:29 PM
Twins Sign RHP Kyle Davies
Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:54 AM
The 29-year-old pitched for the Braes from 2005 to 2007 when he was traded to the Royals at the July trade deadline for Octavio Dotel. He was with the Royals into the 2011 season, but after going 1-9 with a 6.75 ERA, and attempts to turn things around in the minor leagues, he was released in August. He quickly signed with the Blue Jays organization where he pitched in AAA. However, he did not pitch at all in 2012 due to some shoulder issues.
Overall, in seven big league seasons, he is 43-65 with a 5.59 ERA. This is clearly just a move for minor league depth and to give a guy an opportunity to get back into the game. It will be interesting to see where he is at health-wise, and if he is able to make the New Britain or Rochester rosters this spring.
Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:44 AM
Edited by gmarais66, 20 February 2013 - 08:54 AM.
Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:23 AM
He has never had an ERA under 4.00 nor a WHIP under 1.4 in 7 MLB seasons. (career ERA 5.59)
Have the Twins decided to become 'Rehab Central' just out of charity?
Or maybe they feel they don't have enough pitchers in camp.
It's a minor league signing with no invite to big league camp. They do need to fill out their rotation at AA and AAA.