Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Target Field Food and Beverage changes

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 spideyo

spideyo

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

There is still some things in flux, but there are a few things that have been decided for sure.

Concession stand 141 (I don't remember what it was) is being converted to a bar, and will carry Surly, I believe Fulton, and other craft beers. Most of the beers offered there will not be available anywhere else in the stadium (that means the surly cart is going away, and no more fulton in Townball Tavern)

There will be a few more walleye food items, and all walleye in the stadium will now be shipped fresh to Target Field, instead of that iffy frozen stuff they've used before.

Fried Pickles will be available in many more locations, including townball tavern.

Milkshakes will be available in Hrbeks and Townball Tavern. Midway through the season they will assess their popularity, and at that time they may consider adding alcoholic milkshakes to the menu.

There will now be "skinny" mojitios available in Hrbeks and Townball Tavern, as well as several other new speciality drinks.

Finally, Townball Tavern will now be officially sponsored by Summit. It's unclear if the name will change, but they will have several types of Summit on tap at all times, as well as several food items made with summit. Unfortunately, this also means that Fulton (and possibly a few other varieties of beer) are being booted out of that bar. They are still hammering out the final details, so look for an official announcement sometime in the beginning of March

Haven't heard anything about getting rid of the dance-off or any other programming stuff yet, but I'll let you know if I do.

#2 spideyo

spideyo

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

Oh, and they are now banning ALL tobacco, even chew.

#3 luke829

luke829

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Thumbs up for the all tobacco ban. Should make for a more pleasant experience (eg no more nicotine haze to fog the view or chew spats to slip on).
Mastermind of the "Free Bert" sign.

#4 CRArko

CRArko

Citizen of the Cosmos

• Members
  • 1,438 posts
  • LocationThe outer edge of the Milky Way.
  • Twitter: crarko

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

This may be the most important thread on the forum. :)

Alcoholic milkshakes? Hope they make some with Bailey's.

#5 Kwak

Kwak

• Members
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

There is still some things in flux, but there are a few things that have been decided for sure.

Concession stand 141 (I don't remember what it was) is being converted to a bar, and will carry Surly, I believe Fulton, and other craft beers. Most of the beers offered there will not be available anywhere else in the stadium (that means the surly cart is going away, and no more fulton in Townball Tavern.

Is that in Section 141 of the right Field Bleachers?

#6 70charger

70charger

• Members
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

[QUOTE][COLOR=#333333]Concession stand 141 (I don't remember what it was) is being converted to a bar, and will carry Surly, I believe Fulton, and other craft beers. Most of the beers offered there will not be available anywhere else in the stadium [/COLOR][COLOR=#333333].[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Sweet.

[QUOTE][COLOR=#333333]There will be a few more walleye food items, and all walleye in the stadium will now be shipped fresh to Target Field, instead of that iffy frozen stuff they've used before.[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333].[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Solid.

[QUOTE]
[COLOR=#333333]Fried Pickles will be available in many more locations, including townball tavern.[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333].[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Awesome.

[QUOTE][COLOR=#333333]Milkshakes will be available in Hrbeks and Townball Tavern. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Not bad.

[QUOTE][COLOR=#333333]Midway through the season they will assess their popularity, and at that time they may consider adding alcoholic milkshakes to the menu.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Mother of God.

Okay guys, I think I know where all of the offseason payroll money went. Strangely, I feel okay with this.

#7 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, Nevada

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

I attended my first Target Field game last summer. Moar Walleye plz. The fried pickles OTOH I could live without. I don't remember what beer I had but additional tasty ones are always desirable. As for the milkshakes from Hrbeks, will they be available in quantities smaller than a gallon?

#8 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 6,051 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

Limiting where I can get good beer to one location? Is that what is happening to craft beer? Another reason not to go.
Lighten up Francis....

#9 Willihammer

Willihammer

ice cream correspondent

• Members
  • 2,951 posts
  • LocationSaint Paul

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

Surly in 141 and Summit at Townhall tavern by the train station. You will never have to walk more than 1/4 way around to get a good beer.

#10 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

• Members
  • 6,051 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

Fair enough, I am not a big Summit fan. Lift Bridge, Fulton, Indeed, the list is long of great MN craft beers.
Lighten up Francis....

#11 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

Fried pickles are awesome. But 8 of them for 6 bucks? I'll pass.

#12 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Moderately Moderate

• Twins Mods
  • 3,749 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

Fried pickles are awesome. But 8 of them for 6 bucks? I'll pass.

Welcome to the big market. Posted Image

#13 jtrinaldi

jtrinaldi

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

Thank God I live in SE Wisconsin, Brewers don't have that policy, and the MILB teams don't have that law in place
Follow my photography, group page can be found here.
http://www.facebook....256164664420932

#14 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Moderately Moderate

• Twins Mods
  • 3,749 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Great info here, the fresh Walleye and Summit news is awesome but the giant alcoholic milkshakes are frightening me.

The tobacco ban is overdue.

Posted Image

#15 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

Welcome to the big market. Posted Image

Hey.....I'll gladly get hosed for a Tony O's sammich. But if you're going to hose me at least give me some quantity. My wife and I were so excited to hear those would be at the games and then our pickles were soggy and massively overpriced. That was a sad day.

#16 The Greatest Poster Alive

The Greatest Poster Alive

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

Just use snus for gamedays. It's enough nicotine to keep away the cravings, but you don't have to spit. Impossible to spot/stop.

#17 jtrinaldi

jtrinaldi

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

Great info here, the fresh Walleye and Summit news is awesome but the giant alcoholic milkshakes are frightening me.

The tobacco ban is overdue.

Posted Image

Sounds like it will be Grasshoppers to me
Follow my photography, group page can be found here.
http://www.facebook....256164664420932

#18 kryptik

kryptik

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

Pretty solid sounding changes overall.

Now they just need to make cheese curds available more places so I don't have to walk to the outfield everytime.

#19 Nick Nelson

Nick Nelson

Owner

• Administrators
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

Great thread and great info. Where'd you get all this from?

#20 spideyo

spideyo

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:10 AM

I'm an employee of DNC, and we've just gone through our "re-hire" training for the season

#21 Fatt Crapps

Fatt Crapps

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

No [COLOR=#333333]more chew? What is this[/COLOR][FONT=arial], Co[/FONT][COLOR=#3E3E3E][FONT=Arial]m[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#3E3E3E][FONT=Arial]munist Russia?[/FONT][/COLOR]

#22 jctwins

jctwins

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

I'm an employee of DNC, and we've just gone through our "re-hire" training for the season

Serious question...did they train you on how to take and handle more than one order at a time? The waiting lines are ridiculous due to poor service at the majority of the stands, even from DNC employees over volunteers.

#23 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

• Members
  • 6,051 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

I actually don't feel the lines are too slow at all, given the number of people. I've found service there to be quite good.
Lighten up Francis....

#24 jctwins

jctwins

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

I've consistently had pretty below average experiences, and a big part of it is just the flow of how orders are taken, paid for and filled being very inefficient. I'm pretty understanding and easy-going and I've gotten pretty frustrated. I go to ~40 games/year, so I have a lot of trips to the stand to base my opinion on. I'm sure like anything it's luck, and we remember the bad experiences.

#25 Willihammer

Willihammer

ice cream correspondent

• Members
  • 2,951 posts
  • LocationSaint Paul

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

Yeah the bottleneck is at the register, for sure.

#26 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, Nevada

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

No [COLOR=#333333]more chew? What is this[/COLOR][FONT=arial], Co[/FONT][COLOR=#3E3E3E][FONT=Arial]m[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#3E3E3E][FONT=Arial]munist Russia?[/FONT][/COLOR]

No, in Soviet Russia, tobacco chews YOU.

#27 spideyo

spideyo

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

Serious question...did they train you on how to take and handle more than one order at a time? The waiting lines are ridiculous due to poor service at the majority of the stands, even from DNC employees over volunteers.

Yeah....I'm not surprised. Honestly, I'd expect the volunteers are probably better than a lot of our employees. They don't exactly offer much incentive for people to actually do a great job, nor are our training methods particularly good

#28 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

not moderate

• Twins Mods
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

Frankly, I'd rather sit next to someone who is smoking a bad cigar than sit next to someone who is chewing and spitting. It's beyond disgusting.

#29 Willihammer

Willihammer

ice cream correspondent

• Members
  • 2,951 posts
  • LocationSaint Paul

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem if people didn't retch the crap into a urinal when they were done.

#30 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

not moderate

• Twins Mods
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem if people didn't retch the crap into a urinal when they were done.

Well, since I don't visit urinals, I wouldn't know about that. But did have the 'pleasure' once of sitting next to someone spitting into a cup, and not always managing well with that.