Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Baseball Season is Upon Us

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 AJPettersen

AJPettersen

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...ason-is-Upon-Us

#2 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Daily Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,254 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, Nevada

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

Man, now I wish I was going to Fort Myers this year instead of last; I would definitely take you up on your offer of hospitality around the minor league fields.

#3 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

Thanks again, AJ! I really enjoy you letting us live vicariously through you. I probably won't make it to Ft. Myers this spring unfortunately, but I can't quite so for sure that I won't either because AJ and a lot of the other Twins prospects are really great, very fan-friendly, and I'm glad that the Twins encourage that.

#4 Badsmerf

Badsmerf

• Members
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:05 AM

Nice job AJ. It would be awesome to get regular articles like this from you. It really is amazing that we are able to connect so easily in our generation.
Do or do not. There is no try.

#5 LewFordLives

LewFordLives

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

Am heading down there next weekend for the opening exhibition games. I've been to most of the camps in South Florida and I still like the Twins camp the best. The ability to take a seat in the shade right in between all the minor league fields is something we take for granted. Last year we met some friends up in Clearwater at the Phillies camp and they close off the back fields to the general public. Plus the Twins camp is less than a half hour drive to get ribs at Michelbob's!

#6 roger

roger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

Thanks for the update A.J. Expect it is nice settling into spring training after an exciting fall/winter. Have a great season!

#7 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

[COLOR=#333333]Plus the Twins camp is less than a half hour drive to get ribs at Michelbob's![/COLOR]

Best place EVER!!!

#8 AJPettersen

AJPettersen

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

Nice job AJ. It would be awesome to get regular articles like this from you. It really is amazing that we are able to connect so easily in our generation.

Thanks! I'm glad I get to connect through this site!

#9 AJPettersen

AJPettersen

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

Am heading down there next weekend for the opening exhibition games. I've been to most of the camps in South Florida and I still like the Twins camp the best. The ability to take a seat in the shade right in between all the minor league fields is something we take for granted. Last year we met some friends up in Clearwater at the Phillies camp and they close off the back fields to the general public. Plus the Twins camp is less than a half hour drive to get ribs at Michelbob's!

If you are at the complex in the morning or early afternoon you should look for us on the minor league side!

#10 AJPettersen

AJPettersen

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

Thanks for the update A.J. Expect it is nice settling into spring training after an exciting fall/winter. Have a great season!

Thanks Roger. It's definitely nice and the weather is great!

#11 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,408 posts
  • LocationBeverly Hills, CA

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

A.J., I very much appreciate all of your posts. I am sending positive energy to your rehabbing wrist.

#12 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Cynical Oldie

• Members
  • 3,886 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

Have a great season. Hope your wife is enjoying your relocation to Florida as well (okay, its cold and snowy in Minnesota -- kind of hard to think she wouldn't be liking the sunshine!) Thanks for all your posts over the last year -- it's always fun to read about your life in baseball (and outside it too).

#13 AJPettersen

AJPettersen

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

A.J., I very much appreciate all of your posts. I am sending positive energy to your rehabbing wrist.

Thanks!

#14 AJPettersen

AJPettersen

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

Have a great season. Hope your wife is enjoying your relocation to Florida as well (okay, its cold and snowy in Minnesota -- kind of hard to think she wouldn't be liking the sunshine!) Thanks for all your posts over the last year -- it's always fun to read about your life in baseball (and outside it too).

We love it here. Just got back from the pool! I am glad you are enjoying my articles, I will keep them coming for sure.