- Adult galleries
Today, 12:06 AM
- Special Teams fire and cut them all.
Yesterday, 07:42 PM
- Should Teddy win the ROY award?
Yesterday, 06:27 PM
- Please welcome our new moderator: Melanie (Funkytown)
Yesterday, 10:56 AM
- Purple Pain Members - Start Here!
Yesterday, 09:57 AM
- Notable NFL News (Cuts, signings, injuries, etc.)
Yesterday, 06:11 AM
- Vikings Free Agency News
Yesterday, 06:06 AM
- Article: We Wish You a Purple Christmas
Yesterday, 05:48 AM
- Article: Clock Management Bites The Vikings Once Again
Dec 24 2014 07:58 PM
- Article: Film Review: Teddy Dazzles While the Defense Grew Dim
Dec 24 2014 08:31 AM
Article: Position Analysis: Left Field
Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:35 AM
Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:31 AM
Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:37 AM
Heck yeah. He came close several times last year -- gotta happen.
[quote name='mike wants wins']Nick, what do you think his OPS would need to be, combined wtih great defense, to make him league average as a LFer? [/QUOTE]
Good question, and I don't really have a specific answer in mind. If he could get to .700 (which seems feasible with a .350 OBP and SLG) I think he'd a be a serviceable starter.
[quote name='mike wants wins']And, why can't he learn to take a walk? Is that a hard skill to learn?[/QUOTE]
In order to take a walk, you need pitchers to throw the ball outside of the zone. How many guys are going to be afraid to throw it over the plate with three balls to a guy who can't hit it over the outfielders' heads?
Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:48 AM
Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:18 PM