Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Turns Out Yankees Were Cheating Too

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 CTTwin

CTTwin

GCL Twins

• 27 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 04:30 PM

Recent revelations out of Manfreds office indicate Yankees used electronic communications to gain an unfair advantage on opponents. I thought so all along. How about we get a few high draft picks of theirs?
  • PDX Twin and Doctor Gast like this

#2 Dodecahedron

Dodecahedron

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 271 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 04:41 PM

I haven't read the reports, but you know you are watching a game played in Yankees Stadium by the high number of zoomed-in camera shots of the opposing catcher's signals, particularly when the Yankees are not winning.

#3 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Billy G.O.A.T

• 16,355 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 04:52 PM

Please provide a link if you'd wish to discuss this.

• ScrapTheNickname, Mai.K, Hosken Bombo Disco and 1 other like this

#4 Old Twins Cap

Old Twins Cap

• 1,044 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 07:03 AM

Yankees don't have to cheat in Yankee Stadium.

The umpires are all they really need. And, a lot of angry fans calling them nasty names, all game long.

• shimrod likes this

#5 old nurse

old nurse

• 4,147 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 08:51 AM

SNY’s take

https://sny.tv/artic...-cheating-video

• ToddlerHarmon likes this

#6 old nurse

old nurse

• 4,147 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 08:53 AM

https://pbs.twimg.co...btEzG_hDEo.jpg

The video

#7 old nurse

old nurse

• 4,147 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 08:54 AM

The video. (There should be a better one somewhere but I am not that ambitious)

https://pbs.twimg.co...btEzG_hDEo.jpg

#8 Twodogs

Twodogs

St Paul Saints

• 1,402 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 09:24 AM

Huh? Those videos have seemed to have disappeared? I can't get them to load.

You cannot succeed without hate for your enemy

#9 Twodogs

Twodogs

St Paul Saints

• 1,402 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 09:33 AM

I can't imagine that Cora and the Astros were the only smart people in baseball that figured this stuff out. It's just that the Astros won the world series. It's probably less important if you cheated and finished in 10th place. I believe that it was Logan Morrison when he was with the Twins that said the players pretty much knew that multiple teams were doing some sort of cheating with electronics, I'm pretty sure he fingered the Dodgers too?

You cannot succeed without hate for your enemy

#10 Doctor Gast

Doctor Gast

St Paul Saints

• 1,033 posts
  • LocationBelo Horizonte, Brazil

Posted 17 February 2021 - 11:14 AM

I believe there's and was cheating. I still don't understand why batters aren't checked for electronic devices during PS games, except that they don't want to draw attention to it and teams like NYY can gain advantage. That's why they don't want robo umps, because certain teams and players have an advantage by human umps that can be swayed. The League bent over backwards to distant players but robo umps which made most sense and most practical, they didn't do anything

#11 ashbury

ashbury

Twins fan for life!

• 26,608 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 17 February 2021 - 12:01 PM

"A person with direct knowledge of those investigations told SNY that they are “100 percent certain” the video that surfaced this week on Twitter was the same one already cleared twice by the league. That means that it was definitively not shot during the 2018 postseason."

Sarcasm. Just one of the many fine services I offer.

#12 Trov

Trov

Wichita Wind Surge

• 874 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 01:53 PM

In 2017 they were admonished and fined for using apple watches to help them, but the Astros were on a much higher scale then what Yankees were alleged to have done. If new investigations turn out Yankees did more they should face even bigger issues than Astros.  

What Astros did was not just use electronics, but they used a program to decode signs used when runners were on base.So not only did someone sit in room watch the sign, relay that to coach who then banged on a trash can to tell hitter what pitch was coming, they also decoded, with use of software, the signs teams would use with runners on base.

Rich Hill was aware of this, or at least suspected it, and in WS he has catcher use coded signs during whole game and changed it up every few batters.Not sure he needed to as he threw 2 pitches curve ball and straight ball, not gonna call it fastball.Sure he would change up speeds of those pitches, but not sure that was decided by sign.