Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

PiPress: Dozier Looking To Bounce Back

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Minnesota Twins: Humbled Brian Dozier eager for second chance - TwinCities.com

"I've always been a guy to walk a lot and stuff. My approach was just all over the place. I was swinging at pitches

I've never been swinging at. You get away from that, and you think it's your swing and stuff you need to change, but it's really your approach before you even get up there. I learned a lot."

#2 johnnydakota

johnnydakota

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

Personally i would rather see brian ,rather then pedro....just see a higher upside

#3 stringer bell

stringer bell

Confirmed Hacker

• Twins News Team
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

Personally i would rather see brian ,rather then pedro....just see a higher upside

Dozier showed glimpses in 2012 and his minor league numbers show someone who has put up good numbers and he signed a baseball for me in ST! I hope he reclaims SS and produces.

#4 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

I still have my doubts about Dozier and think's he is more of a UTIL guy, however if that is the case he still needs to improve quite a bit over 2012, and at the end of the day could be an acceptable stop gap at 2B/SS until we find a real upgrade.

As frustrating as the Correia signing was, I must say that my biggest gripe with Ryan this off-season was failing to address the MI situation at all.

#5 jimbo92107

jimbo92107

• Members
  • 554 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

I think Dozier and Florimon both can swing the bat. The question is when, and where. The approach thingie is supposed to be Tom Brunanski's department. He appeared to help with Parmalee, so maybe he can help with the two young infielders.

#6 johnnydakota

johnnydakota

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

I think Dozier and Florimon both can swing the bat. The question is when, and where. The approach thingie is supposed to be Tom Brunanski's department. He appeared to help with Parmalee, so maybe he can help with the two young infielders.

look at florimons minor leaque numbers, not inspiring are they? hope im wrong and between the 2 we are set for 5/6 years in the middle

#7 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,291 posts
  • LocationBeverly Hills, CA

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

I like your optimism and will be rooting for this to work. I would also not mind if the Twins were to trade for a SS who can both field well and hit well, or maybe [COLOR=#0000cd]sign free agent Alex Gonzalez[/COLOR].