Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Twins Daily 2021 Top Prospects: Honorable Mentions

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 twinstalker

twinstalker

• 329 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 11:57 PM

Counting down makes no sense. Oh, Alex Kirilloff is #1? I've been waiting five articles to find out!

The big pubs start with #1 for a reason. JMO

#22 big dog

big dog

• 3,171 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 06:21 AM

Counting down makes no sense. Oh, Alex Kirilloff is #1? I've been waiting five articles to find out!

Personally, I'd rather start at the bottom of the ranking and speculate about who is in the top 10/5/3 than start at the top and speculate about who is snagging the Honorable Mentions.

Besides, it's Feb 12, what else do I have going on? Something to look forward to.

• Seth Stohs and DocBauer like this

#23 ashbury

ashbury

Twins fan for life!

• 26,257 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 12 February 2021 - 06:57 PM

Goodenuf for Letterman, goodenuf for me.

• Major League Ready, DocBauer and rdehring like this

Look back & be grateful, look ahead & be hopeful, look around & be helpful.

#24 Major League Ready

Major League Ready

• 2,510 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 07:26 AM

Goodenuf for Letterman, goodenuf for me.

For those of us who are old enough to remember American Top Forty (Casey Kasem) it seemed to go over just fine on that show as well.

• ashbury, Seth Stohs, DocBauer and 1 other like this

#25 DocBauer

DocBauer

• 7,167 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 08:42 PM

For those of us who are old enough to remember American Top Forty (Casey Kasem) it seemed to go over just fine on that show as well.

Sudden flashback to my youth in the '80's and LOVE you for the brief flashback visit!

Ahhhh....the memories and the music!
  • Seth Stohs likes this
"Nice catch Hayes...don't ever f*****g do it again."

--Lou Brown

#26 DocBauer

DocBauer

• 7,167 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 08:56 PM

Anybody else notice that the Twins won over 100 games in 2019, were on a pace for nearly 100 wins in 2020, and remain one of the top teams in MLB at this point with what is on hand and the moves they've made and have done so without a single trade of prospects? (Thus far).

This is NOT by accident. The FO has talked about sustainability about the team. They are not opposed to trades, as we saw with the Graterol trade last year. But so far, they are doing exactly what I had hoped they would do coming off a lost 2020 milb year. They have been taking advantage of the market to build the team, already really good, and holding on to internal assets FOR NOW to further development for promotion and potential future trades.

Without surprises, the "honorable mentions" here are potential top 20 options plus really soon. There is real "ammunition" in the system right now for future help as well as trade possibilities.

Kudos!
  • Seth Stohs and Major League Ready like this
"Nice catch Hayes...don't ever f*****g do it again."

--Lou Brown

#27 Major League Ready

Major League Ready

• 2,510 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 10:00 PM

Anybody else notice that the Twins won over 100 games in 2019, were on a pace for nearly 100 wins in 2020, and remain one of the top teams in MLB at this point with what is on hand and the moves they've made and have done so without a single trade of prospects? (Thus far).

This is NOT by accident. The FO has talked about sustainability about the team. They are not opposed to trades, as we saw with the Graterol trade last year. But so far, they are doing exactly what I had hoped they would do coming off a lost 2020 milb year. They have been taking advantage of the market to build the team, already really good, and holding on to internal assets FOR NOW to further development for promotion and potential future trades.

Without surprises, the "honorable mentions" here are potential top 20 options plus really soon. There is real "ammunition" in the system right now for future help as well as trade possibilities.

Kudos!

As we all know, our area of need is pitching and its really hard to trade for pitching without giving up pitching prospects. Even Darvish cost the equivalent to Balazovic AND Durant plus a couple other prospects. I say "even" Darvish because he is already 34 and he has not been reliable especially in post season. We are not deep in front of the rotation guys but we finally have enough pitching in the pipeline to build a true contender. Of course, there is no guarantee with prospects, far from it. However, it's nice to be in a position where sustained success is a real possibility.

It's a heck of a lot easier to fill out a roster in free agency or trade when those final pieces are position players as opposed to pitching. We should be set for OFers for several years to come and if Lewis realizes his potential our position players should not need all that much augmenting. It is so nice be realistically optimistic about having a solid decade of quality Twins teams to enjoy!

• ashbury and DocBauer like this

#28 big dog

big dog

• 3,171 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 08:32 AM

Why do the above posts give me this sense of impending doom? Is there an Acme safe about to fall out of a building on the pitching rotation?

JINX ALERT EVERYONE TAKE COVER

#29 big dog

big dog

• 3,171 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 08:33 AM

This team is terrible we will struggle to finish ahead of Detroit

...just trying to restore balance to the universe, nothing to be alarmed about here

• Major League Ready likes this