Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Twins interested in Enrique Hernandez & Joakim Soria

enrique hernandez joakim so
  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 cmoss84

cmoss84

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 574 posts
  • LocationBakersfield, CA

Posted 09 December 2020 - 12:34 PM

Kike and Soria are both clutch...just not sure the $ couldn't be better spent elsewhere. 

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

#22 Shaitan

Shaitan

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,623 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 01:03 PM

I'd be surprised if Sano plays again at 3B, unless/until under a different manager (or analytics crew). Even with Donaldson missing significant time, Sano didn't play an inning at 3B in 2020. Marwin, Ehire, and a little smidgen of Ildemaro subbed there instead.

Reading the tea leaves (just like I was doing with Marwin's role), I agree.

But who has the second most MLB innings on the roster at 3B, after Donaldson and Sano? Arraez? Gordon/Blankenhorn aren't locks, which means I think they sign somebody capable of SS/3B.At minimum, an Illdemaro-type. But perhaps a bigger name.

• ashbury and DocBauer like this

#23 Doctor Gast

Doctor Gast

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 757 posts
  • LocationBelo Horizonte, Brazil

Posted 12 December 2020 - 04:48 PM

I just saw that Kike` wasn`t interested in returning to LAD because he wants a team where he gets at least 500 PAs & a 1 yr. contract. MN was the only one noted as a fit. So Kike is 1 step closer in being a Twin. Seems like he`s really motivated to prove himself as an everyday player 

#24 DocBauer

DocBauer

• 7,085 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 09:21 AM

Assuming the FO doesn't make a major move at SS, the Moreno think about it, the more I'm liking a combination of Hernandez along with Frazier/Gyorko/Harris for maybe a combined $9M- ish.
"Nice catch Hayes...don't ever f*****g do it again."

--Lou Brown

#25 Nick Nelson

Nick Nelson

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 06:55 PM

Assuming the FO doesn't make a major move at SS, the Moreno think about it, the more I'm liking a combination of Hernandez along with Frazier/Gyorko/Harris for maybe a combined $9M- ish.

Yeah, from my view the choice is either making a dramatic splash (i.e. sign a SS, move Polanco to UTIL) or investing pretty heavily in those two IF backup spots. There are some interesting potential combinations but the catch is you need someone who can play a quality SS on the bench.

• DocBauer likes this

#26 Physics Guy

Physics Guy

• 1,112 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 08:02 PM

Yeah, from my view the choice is either making a dramatic splash (i.e. sign a SS, move Polanco to UTIL) or investing pretty heavily in those two IF backup spots. There are some interesting potential combinations but the catch is you need someone who can play a quality SS on the bench.

Galvis and Gyorko would be my preference, although I think Galvis might go to a team like Baltimore that needs a starting SS.