Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Twins Minor League Signings

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Owner
  • 18,568 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 01:33 PM

I thought I should set up a thread for minor league signings. Use this thread to post when the Twins sign a minor leaguer or when a former Twins minor leaguer signs with the team or elsewhere. 

Jake Reed has signed a minor league deal with the Angels.

Today we see that Sam Clay has signed a Major League contract with the Nationals. 

The Twins have re-signed catcher Tomas Telis. 

• DocBauer, dbminn and nclahammer like this

#2 Rosterman

Rosterman

• 3,647 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 04:58 PM

The Orioles signed Marcos Diplan, who the Twins obtained from the Brewers in 2019 and assigned to Pensacola. He was actually on the 40-man roster for awhile.

• Seth Stohs, Dman and DocBauer like this

Joel Thingvall
www.joelthingvall.com

#3 Rosterman

Rosterman

• 3,647 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 02:15 PM

The Twins signed righty Derek Law to a minor league contract for some bullpen depth. Has a history of putting runners on base, but can strike guys out, too. https://www.baseball...l/lawde01.shtml

Oh, and they added Danny Coulombe back into the mix.

• Seth Stohs, DocBauer and dbminn like this

Joel Thingvall
www.joelthingvall.com

#4 DocBauer

DocBauer

• 7,002 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 03:45 PM

Here's hoping Reed actually gets a shot and does well, just not against the Twins.

I always wondered about Clay. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he at St Paul this summer? Or am I confusing him with someone else?

You can't keep everyone, but was sorry to see him leave. IIRC, he just couldn't handle RH hitting very well but put up some good numbers otherwise.
  • dbminn likes this
"Nice catch Hayes...don't ever f*****g do it again."

--Lou Brown

#5 DocBauer

DocBauer

• 7,002 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 03:52 PM

The Twins signed righty Derek Law to a minor league contract for some bullpen depth. Has a history of putting runners on base, but can strike guys out, too. https://www.baseball...l/lawde01.shtml

Oh, and they added Danny Coulombe back into the mix.

Law appears, as you stated, to be a depth piece. OK-ish BA against at .257. Nice K numbers per. Outrageous BB numbers. Possible sleeper?? No clue about stuff or velocity.
"Nice catch Hayes...don't ever f*****g do it again."

--Lou Brown

#6 nclahammer

nclahammer

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 145 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 06:56 AM

I really like Jake Reed, felt he should have been given a shot a couple of years ago when the Twins were struggling and he put up good numbers. Wish Reedluck, just not against our Boys.

#7 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Owner
  • 18,568 posts

Posted 28 November 2020 - 12:56 AM

I always wondered about Clay. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he at St Paul this summer? Or am I confusing him with someone else?

Yes, Clay was in St. Paul this season. He was on the taxi squad several times but never got the call. Very cool to see him get on the Nationals 40-man roster. 

• DocBauer likes this