Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Free Agency / Re-Signings 2020-21 Offseason

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 Danchat

Danchat

Pro Bowl Armchair QB

• 5,905 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:15 PM

Jorge Castillo of the Los Angeles Times reports that Pedro Baez and the Astros are in agreement on a two-year contract.
Jeff Passan of ESPN says the deal also includes an option for a third year, is worth $12-14 million and includes a number of escalators in addition to a buyout.

The reliever market is starting to move. Soria and Colome might be signing soon, according to reports.

• ashbury likes this

#62 lecroy24fan

lecroy24fan

• 319 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 05:23 PM

Archie Bradley to the Phillies, 1 year, $6M.

Can't say i saw him settling for a 1 year lowball deal.

#63 Danchat

Danchat

Pro Bowl Armchair QB

• 5,905 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 06:03 PM

Archie Bradley to the Phillies, 1 year, $6M.

Can't say i saw him settling for a 1 year lowball deal.

Not sure if I'd call that a lowball offer, he was likely going to get $4.3M to $5.7M in arbitration and the Reds didn't even tender him. He probably deserves more than just a one year deal, but he's getting more moolah in Philly.

#64 Danchat

Danchat

Pro Bowl Armchair QB

• 5,905 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 09:04 PM

Giants signed LHP Alex Wood to a one-year, $3 million contract.

#65 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Offseason Hawt Taek Enthusiast

• 13,932 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 15 January 2021 - 09:47 AM

• Danchat likes this

#66 AceWrigley

AceWrigley

Ft Myers Miracle

• 439 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 11:25 AM

Twins international signing, $2.3MM, shortstop Danny De Andrada.

#67 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Billy G.O.A.T

• 16,029 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 12:11 PM

I was interested in LeMahieu, but geez, 6 years seems awful long. 

• ashbury and Danchat like this

#68 Danchat

Danchat

Pro Bowl Armchair QB

• 5,905 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 01:14 PM

Updating a previous report, Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports that the Mets are not yet close to an agreement with Brad Hand.
Rosenthal first reported earlier Friday that the two sides were closing in on a two-year contract

The Mets haven't gotten him to sign the deal yet, but it seems they're the favorite to get him.

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports that the Angels have signed Kurt Suzuki to a one-year, $1.5 million contract.

#69 Danchat

Danchat

Pro Bowl Armchair QB

• 5,905 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 06:49 PM

Jeff Passan of ESPN reports that the Yankees have reached an agreement with free agent right-hander Corey Kluber.

I'm alright not getting Kluber... I just don't like the odds that he'll be as good as he once was and that he'll stay healthy.

#70 Danchat

Danchat

Pro Bowl Armchair QB

• 5,905 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 07:16 PM

ESPN's Jeff Passan reports that the Padres have acquired right-hander Joe Musgrove from the Pirates.
It will be a three-team, seven-player swap once all of the medical reviews are completed, with the Pirates getting OF prospect Hudson Head, LHP prospect Omar Cruz, RHP prospect Drake Fellows, and reliever David Bednar from the Friars. Joey Lucchesi, meanwhile, is headed to the Mets in exchange for 1B/OF/C prospect Endy Rodriguez.

How many more starters are the Padres going to hoard?! They've got all-out upgrading their rotation, as they've traded for Clevinger, Darvish, Snell, and Musgrove in the past 6 months. Truly an unprecedented situation here.

Also:

ESPN's Jeff Passan confirms that the Nationals have signed Jon Lester to a one-year contract with a mutual option for 2022.

#71 KirbyDome89

KirbyDome89

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,983 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 11:35 PM

I'm alright not getting Kluber... I just don't like the odds that he'll be as good as he once was and that he'll stay healthy.

Not that I disagree, but outside of Bauer almost any starter the Twins will bring in is going to have question marks/warts. The longer they wait the likelier it becomes that they're left with an arm rather than the arm

Personally I'd rather see them target a player(s) and just go get them but maybe the team doesn't see much difference in what's left and they're simply content with the most team friendly deal. 

#72 Danchat

Danchat

Pro Bowl Armchair QB

• 5,905 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:06 PM

Finally, a big deal! 

George Springer signs with Toronto. Brendon Kuhn of the Blue Jays Nation blog had the news first, with Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic providing the financials: six years, $150 million

Also for the Jays:

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports that free agent reliever Kirby Yates is in agreement with the Blue Jays.
Yates met with Blue Jays officials at the team's spring training complex in Dunedin, Florida on Tuesday and apparently came away impressed.

#73 Danchat

Danchat

Pro Bowl Armchair QB

• 5,905 posts

Posted Today, 12:09 AM

The Angels have an agreement with free-agent left-hander Jose Quintana, pending a physical, Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports. It’s a one-year, $8MM contract for the Wasserman client, per Tim Brown of Yahoo Sports.