Cespedes has named the six teams with the most interest in him and it ain't good news for the Twins....
"According to Cespedes those half-dozen teams are the Marlins, Cubs, White Sox, Orioles, Tigers, and Indians."
I gotta think that the Marlins would be leading the charge on this one, and the Cubs (with Theo) could spend more money than god. But a couple of AL Central teams could be dangerous, too.
I had worried about Kenny Williams because the White Sox have been pretty aggressive with some Cuban signings lately, but I hope that would not be the case due to payroll constraints. Now I wonder if a lot of that salary dumping was geared toward being a player here. And the Tigers have been awfully quiet this winter....too quiet.
Unfortunately, Twins fans find themselves in a division with two owners who have shown they are very willing to up their financial commitment when they feel like the right player or opportunity comes along. This sounds very much like that kind of opportunity.
- Notable NFL News (Cuts, signings, injuries, etc.)
Yesterday, 07:44 PM
- Zimmer's Freaky-Fast Friday Presser
Yesterday, 10:58 AM
- This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Chicago Bears
Yesterday, 02:26 AM
- Please welcome our new moderator: Melanie (Funkytown)
Dec 26 2014 07:51 PM
- This Week in the NFC North - Week 17
Dec 26 2014 10:43 AM
- Should Teddy win the ROY award?
Dec 26 2014 10:00 AM
- Will He/Won't He?? - Jerry Kill's future...
Dec 26 2014 09:43 AM
- Article: We Wish You a Purple Christmas
Dec 26 2014 09:11 AM
- Vikings Free Agency News
Dec 26 2014 09:03 AM
- Special Teams fire and cut them all.
Dec 25 2014 07:42 PM
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email