Cespedes has named the six teams with the most interest in him and it ain't good news for the Twins....
"According to Cespedes those half-dozen teams are the Marlins, Cubs, White Sox, Orioles, Tigers, and Indians."
I gotta think that the Marlins would be leading the charge on this one, and the Cubs (with Theo) could spend more money than god. But a couple of AL Central teams could be dangerous, too.
I had worried about Kenny Williams because the White Sox have been pretty aggressive with some Cuban signings lately, but I hope that would not be the case due to payroll constraints. Now I wonder if a lot of that salary dumping was geared toward being a player here. And the Tigers have been awfully quiet this winter....too quiet.
Unfortunately, Twins fans find themselves in a division with two owners who have shown they are very willing to up their financial commitment when they feel like the right player or opportunity comes along. This sounds very much like that kind of opportunity.
- The World According to Zim
Yesterday, 11:04 PM
- Shame On You, Cook and Kanabec Counties
Yesterday, 09:41 PM
- Article: Vikings Game 7 Recap: The More Things Change, the More They Stay the Same
Yesterday, 12:45 PM
- Shonn Greene arrested
Yesterday, 10:55 AM
- Article: Jerick McKinnon—Running With The Opportunity
Oct 24 2014 07:54 PM
- Vikings' RB Jerick McKinnon Fulfills Zimmer's Request
Oct 24 2014 04:30 PM
- Vegas favors (1-5) Tampa Bay over Vikings
Oct 24 2014 04:27 PM
- Joe Webb back to catching passes?
Oct 24 2014 03:53 PM
- Judge Case not recused in Peterson case
Oct 24 2014 01:29 PM
- NFL introduces its own Lady Bing award
Oct 24 2014 12:15 PM
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email