Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Wolfson: Twins Scouting Yoshinobu Yamamoto

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 cardsfan

cardsfan

Ft Myers Miracle

• 421 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:45 AM

I'm pretty confident neither Darvish or Maeda finish outside the top four in CY Young votes this year. In fact, there's a good chance both end up runner up.

In fact you'll have to point out when exactly Darvish was bad, the only bad year I see is 2018. I count seven good years to one bad year for him.

Well, He had injury problems missing 51 starts from 2014-2016. Then in 2017 a losing record and lost 2 WS games for the Dodgers in blowouts.

Bad 2018 and in 2019 I know his numbers weren't bad but 6-8 as the Cubs lost the division.

His $20 million at his age, please. 2-5 in the post season.

Look at Maeda's 2nd half numbers which is why the Dodgers said get rid of him. He rarely starts in the 2nd half otherwise with that $3 million a year contract no team would trade him if he could duplicate the first half.

#22 cardsfan

cardsfan

Ft Myers Miracle

• 421 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:58 AM

I'm pretty confident neither Darvish or Maeda finish outside the top four in CY Young votes this year. In fact, there's a good chance both end up runner up.

In fact you'll have to point out when exactly Darvish was bad, the only bad year I see is 2018. I count seven good years to one bad year for him.

Well, He had injury problems missing 51 starts from 2014-2016. Then in 2017 a losing record and lost 2 WS games for the Dodgers in blowouts.

Bad 2018 and in 2019 I know his numbers weren't bad but 6-8 as the Cubs lost the division.

Look at Maeda's 2nd half numbers which is why the Dodgers said get rid of him. He rarely starts in the 2nd half otherwise with that $3 million a year contract no team would trade him if he could duplicate the first half.

#23 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Billy G.O.A.T

• 15,892 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:50 AM

I know this has been pointed out several times in your posts before, but absolutely no one cares about "Wins" for pitchers anymore. It does seem odd that you discount all of his other fantastic numbers though because of his recovery from Tommy John surgery three years ago though. Darvish is one of the best pitchers in the game.

Maeda didn't make starts in the 2nd half of seasons because the Dodgers always carried 7-8 starters, putting several of them in the pen and rotating them. Or does Julio Urias stink as well? Every single team would trade for Maeda and his contract right now. He is also one of the best pitchers in the game right now.

• DocBauer and AceWrigley like this

#24 Battle ur tail off

Battle ur tail off

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 730 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:21 PM

Stuff looks fantastic from the video I googled. 

I'm all for getting an arm like this in here. Will they do it? Or be able to? I doubt it, but I think it would be worth a shot. 

#25 Trov

Trov

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 605 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:03 PM

I bet all 30 teams will scout him, if they are not then they are not doing their jobs.Now, if and when the kid posts for signing that will be another story if Twins put in a bid. 

• diehardtwinsfan likes this

#26 Dodecahedron

Dodecahedron

Elizabethton Twins

• 28 posts

Posted Today, 12:59 PM

Looks like quite a hurler, but unlike some pitchers it's not difficult to track the ball. I would not be surprised if better MLBhitters would dominate him. Some hitters may be able to hit off of him with their eyes closed once they saw the trajectory...