Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Trevor May Tweet

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 milldaddy35

milldaddy35

Official Bat Boy

• 3,655 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 03:29 PM

Certainly doesn't sound like a guy that plans on coming back, or has an offer to come back. However, as we know these things are fluid. He is in line for a nice pay day, and potentially a closing role somewhere in 2021

Career Game Thread Record: 23-9

Safe to say I am the key to the Twins' success 

#2 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Pitch(er) Mix: Tequila, Orange Liqueur, Lime Juice

• 13,814 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 30 September 2020 - 03:36 PM

Sounds like a semi-good bye for now. I would love to see him back next year.

#3 jctwins

jctwins

• 438 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 03:59 PM

Wow talk about not even waiting for the body to be cold.

#4 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Owner
  • 18,495 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 04:03 PM

Certainly doesn't sound like a guy that plans on coming back, or has an offer to come back. However, as we know these things are fluid. He is in line for a nice pay day, and potentially a closing role somewhere in 2021

I have no doubt that this is heartfelt... I don't think it suggests anything more or less. 

• SQUIRREL, Danchat and DocBauer like this

#5 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• 10,191 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 07:43 PM

Yeah, I didn't read anything more into this.

• DocBauer likes this

#6 DocBauer

DocBauer

• 6,925 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 08:55 PM

Right now, I read nothing in to this other than a very disappointed guy lamenting the end of the season who is at least a little unsure about what tomorrow brings. I won't put words in his mouth, but almost sounds like an apology for letting the fans down. IF he doesn't come back, a classy exit line. Nothing more than tnat.

Honestly, I expect him back. Even with some powerful and tantalizing arms like Alcala and other SP converts, you don't just give up on a quality and productive arm like his who is so close to reaching the next level. And I just don't believe the market is going to price him out of the Twins brining him back.
"Nice catch Hayes...don't ever f*****g do it again."

--Lou Brown

#7 D.C Twins

D.C Twins

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 537 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 09:43 PM

Um... There is a 0.0% chance that he is a closer somewhere next year. Consistency is part of that gig. He is many things but consistent is not one of them

#8 jun

jun

• 938 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 10:08 PM

Wow talk about not even waiting for the body to be cold.

Well the guy just pitched two innings with 0 men on base in 2 straight days in the post season. I feel sorry for the players who played well. Cruz, May, Maeda and Berrios all deserve better. I also feel sorry for Pineda, Odorizzi, Wisler and Clippard, they didn't get to play because of dumb bullpen management. I again feel sorry for Hill, Alcala and Wade who deserve to be on the roster but left out. I don't feel sorry for Dobnak, Astudillo and Avila at all because they should not be any playoff roster.

#9 jun

jun

• 938 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 10:14 PM

May is the one and only reliable bullpen arm in this very short post season. I would not let him walk. I think May can be special in post season.

#10 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 26,523 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 04:19 AM

I think you could read it as someone who wants to stay and is signaling that. If you are going to read into things, that would be my take.
  • Twins33, flpmagikat and Doctor Gast like this
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”