Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

GAME THREAD: 9/30/20 Minnesota Twins VS Houston Astros, 12:08 CDT

• Please log in to reply
1044 replies to this topic

#1041 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Twins Win!!

• 11,908 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 07:10 PM

Looked like they were content with just getting the robes.
  • Longdistancetwins likes this

#1042 Twodogs

Twodogs

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,330 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 07:12 PM

I think this is an extreme overstatement. It sucks, but the window isn't closed. You saw one of the more promising prospects today in AK, who hit the ball hard twice. Rooker was really good in his time up here. Jeffers wasn't all-star level by any means, but if he puts the numbers up over 100-120 games, it is a top 12 catcher in the game, with his defense. Alcala threw gas out of the bullpen, and can turn into a legit late inning option. Kenta evolved into a stud pitcher. May could very easily be brought back, and the same can be said with Cruz. The sky isn't falling Twins fans.

So with our starters that can only pitch 5 innings and all of our hitters leading the league in strikeouts we can look forward to another first round exit next year too? I mean the sky isn't falling, but like a bad earthquake I think the ground may be crumbling underneath.

You cannot succeed without hate for your enemy

#1043 LVTwinsfan

LVTwinsfan

Rochester Red Wings

• 2,468 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 30 September 2020 - 07:39 PM

The Twins haven’t won a playoff series since they traded David Ortiz. So that’s it then....
The curse of David Ortiz....
at least that’s what Golf Digest says
Maybe its the Money Ball curse.

You know horses are smarter than people. You never heard of a horse going broke betting on people.  - Will Rogers

#1044 spycake

spycake

• 18,351 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 08:50 PM

Looked like they were content with just getting the robes.

Did the hitters actually wear the robes at the plate in this series? That might explain their performance, as I imagine that robes would inhibit the swing. (Although I understand that robes benefit other kinds of “swingers” — perhaps the Twins confused the two.)

#1045 Battle ur tail off

Battle ur tail off

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 731 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 08:39 AM

The Twins haven’t won a playoff series since they traded David Ortiz. So that’s it then....
The curse of David Ortiz....
at least that’s what Golf Digest says
Maybe its the Money Ball curse.

At this point that is the only thing that makes sense. Let Ortiz walk and he becomes a Hall of Famer that wins multiple rings and is one of the best every postseason players in history.

Twins play cutesy for how many season and don't even get a single win. Seems fair...