Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The Store

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Who would you like to see 12 Questions With...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,198 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:31 AM

I've done a handful of 12 Questions With interviews here at Twins Daily, and I've got 3-5 more lined up (just have to send questions)... but it'd be very helpful if the Twins Daily community would help me out by letting me know a couple of players you would like to see interviewed. If you like, what is a question you would like to see that player asked? I have contacts, it'd just be helpful to know which ones to go after.

Thank you,
Seth

#2 Chance

Chance

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:04 AM

Eddie Rosario- does he need an interpreter? I would like to know if he feels he could stick at 2B or if there are other positions he would be interested in.

#3 Badsmerf

Badsmerf

• Members
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

All the top 10 guys plus any scrappy utility INF that have a sweet glove.
Do or do not. There is no try.

#4 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

All the top 10 guys plus any scrappy utility INF that have a sweet glove.

Yeah, the top 10 guys are always interesting. After they've been here a while, it would be interesting to see how May and Meyer view the development system here vs their old clubs.

But reading about guys who (probably) won't make it can be fun too. It's nice to see how they are handling going from being the best in their high school/college to maybe a minor league filler guy. 'Course, the phrasing of the questions has too be delicate. :-)

Sleeper's that I'd like to know a bit more about include Felix Jorge and Polanco. I'd like to know what the Twins international side is like through a players eyes.

#5 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

• Members
  • 4,462 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:55 AM

I'd like to hear from Chris Colabello. He's been around awhile but is starting to make a case for himself to get a crack at the MLB level. I've heard the highest level of independant baseball leagues compared talentwise to AA, I'd like to know how he rates the difficulty levels. I'd also like to know how long a guy like him would continue to chase the presumed dream of making it to the big leagues.

#6 Jim Crikket

Jim Crikket

• Members
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

Yes, I'm being provincial here, but just go through the list of the players we'd project to be in Cedar Rapids this summer and pick as many to interview as you can handle :)
[COLOR=#0000cd]I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at[/COLOR][COLOR=#800000] Knuckleballsblog.com[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd] while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd][COLOR=#800000]MetroSportsReport.com[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd].[/COLOR] [COLOR=#0000cd]
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#b22222]~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~[/COLOR]

#7 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,198 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

Keep the suggestions coming in. I have two Q&As ready to post next week already. Both, in my opinion, are tremendous. I'm also sending out questions to a couple of guys that I think Twins fans will be quite in.

#8 B Richard

B Richard

• Members
  • 527 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

Personally I've always wanted to hear from Max Kepler. Aside from that, I like the idea of getting to know the top 10 guys. Eddie Rosario would be an interesting pick I'd have a feeling

#9 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,198 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

For those interested, here is a checklist of Q&As that I did over at SethSpeaks.net - SethSpeaks

#10 Rosterman

Rosterman

• Members
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

B.J. Hermsen. He seems to do everything right, but not still considered a top-top prospect. Anthony Slama -- where does he see his baseball career. Brad Steil, the new guy in the farm system and how he will bring new ideas and technologies to a system that, just maybe, has been run the same way for too many DECADES. Doug Mientkiewicz, welcome back to the Twins organization -- so many questions, what it is like to be a coach, now manager. How being in the farm system and now part of the farm system, what gives. Ryan Glynn, Rochester Year Two. Joe Benson, your time has come....does it scare you?
Joel Thingvall
www.thingvall.com
rosterman at www.twinscards.com

#11 Rick Niedermann

Rick Niedermann

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

Joe Benson. Curious how he is feeling about his chances to win the CF job? How is physical health is after the many injuries last year?

#12 lightfoot789

lightfoot789

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

I'd like to know how 2 very effective "pitch to contact" - pitchers (Matt Tomshaw and Taylor Rogers) feel about their place in the Twins minor league system. Both players ate up innings during their outings and showed they know how to pitch. Why do they think their styles work? Why is pitching to contact, not neccesarily, a bad thing? What are the advantages to being a Southpaw?

#13 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 5,748 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

Dougie Baseball. Please consult old BYTO members for questions.