Ten signs that 2013 might be another 90-loss season for the Twins
Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:34 AM
9. The only MLB team premium-pricing Twins games on a 2013 schedule is the Twins.
8. Doctors seeking additional 2013 rehab opportunities for Minny’s and Paul’s atrophying elbow joints.
7. Most popular member of 2013 Twins caravan is driver, Lou, who does tricks with false teeth.
6. Mauer’s once Sampson-like sideburns continue to mysteriously recede.
5. Daffodils atop of outfield fences are removed after Twins batters complain they are interfering with potential homeruns.
4. In a season-long promotion, Twins honor 40th anniversary of 1973 team that went 81-81.
3. Paul Molitor to check with Twins before taking any extended vacations this summer.
2. Kevin Correia
1. No additional bulbs requisitioned by stadium maintenance for middle three letters of T-W-I-N-S scoreboard sign.
Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:02 AM
I think we'll probably need a sense of humor to get through 2013.
But one never knows. Look at Vikings this year. Everyone thought they'd be bad. I can't tell you how many people told me in August that they looked at the schedule and couldn't see anything better than a 4-12 finish. Yet here they are in a win-and-they're-in situation next Sunday.
Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:39 PM
You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.