- Article: Oh Snap! Vikings Botch the Game Late in Miami
Today, 03:50 PM
- Notable NFL News (Cuts, signings, injuries, etc.)
Today, 03:46 PM
- Article: Clock Management Bites The Vikings Once Again
Today, 02:59 PM
- Purple Pain Members - Start Here!
Today, 02:13 PM
- Special Teams fire and cut them all.
Today, 10:49 AM
- Simmons: The Vikings Cursed Cleveland
Yesterday, 09:26 PM
- Please welcome our new moderator: Melanie (Funkytown)
Yesterday, 07:06 PM
- Article: Vikings vs. Dolphins Preview: No Vacation in Miami
Yesterday, 12:06 PM
- Greenway to play after passing of his father...
Yesterday, 11:57 AM
- Article: Preparing For An Off-Season Of Change
Yesterday, 07:29 AM
California Milk Ad
Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:50 PM
= Homicidal urges.
Good god that ad is annoying, it all but shuts my browser down and takes over the whole screen. Not sure if I'm the only one pestered by it.
Count me in. Lately the Adchoices bits are more "aggressive" - you have to rollover to see the annoying parts, and there is a 3-2-1 countdown, but if you are inattentive (as I am) and let the mouse wander off of the scrollbar, you get the popup before you realize it. Maybe the "solution" (that Adchoices wants) is for the page layout to have them at the center of everything, so that it's away from the scrollbar. The whole thing is a bitter pill, even if I understand why the TD team wants to see some revenue.
Correction: the Milk ad seems to pop up when I first enter a forum page, even if I have carefully kept my mouse away - in keeping with the OP's observation. It was a Scotch Tape ad (also AdChoices) I had seen yesterday, and communicated to John Bonnes, that seemed only partly anti-social because it gave a short count-down before popping up. To me, "rollover" is inherently antisocial if it results in a popup or audio; I want to click before anything overt happens.
Edited by ashburyjohn, 22 December 2012 - 07:37 PM.
Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:54 AM
Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:41 PM
It will be taken care of after the new year when people go back to work and I can get this fixed.