Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

We GOT HIM!!!!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,335 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

Harden: Minor League contract.

Super Bowl, homeboy!
:s-ctf::s-bluecap::s-ctf::s-bluecap:

#2 BSP

BSP

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

I can't wait for someone to come up with a lame argument against this. No risk. All upside...even if we never see it. I hope we can get Webb to do the same thing. Why not? If they have any success it can lead to a deadline prospect deal or make the Twins better.
I'm Brett.

Tobias Fünke: I'm afraid I prematurely shot my wad on what was supposed to be a dry run if you will, so I'm afraid I have something of a mess on my hands.
Michael Bluth: There's so many poorly chosen words in that sentence.

#3 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 7,955 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

Unreal. I was about to come here and type Super Bowl Homeboy....I guess I'll go with

We're comin, We're comin....

What I just typed is probably an opinion, not a fact. I mean, I'm usually right, so you should maybe assume it is or will be a fact soon, but that's up to you. :) Also, I am NOT trying to convince anyone I am correct, I'm just talking here, not arguing.

#4 FrodaddyG

FrodaddyG

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

His 45 innings for Rochester will be the steal of the offseason!!!

#5 Kwak

Kwak

• Members
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

I hope that there are enough innings in training camp to examine every potential starter and still properly train and prepare the eventual members of the Active Roster for the regular season.

#6 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

• Members
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

I hope that there are enough innings in training camp to examine every potential starter and still properly train and prepare the eventual members of the Active Roster for the regular season.

I wouldn't worry about it, there are plenty of innings to go around this spring. There's no such thing as a bad minor league signing. Except maybe when the Padres signed Garth Brooks.

#7 twinsfiend

twinsfiend

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

My only concern is that Ryan is done. We still need a legitimate MLB ready top tier starter for this rotation. If not a #1 then at least a #2.
TwinsFiend
The Crazy, Fanatical Fan!

#8 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 10,696 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

My only concern is that Ryan is done. We still need a legitimate MLB ready top tier starter for this rotation. If not a #1 then at least a #2.

I don't care much for the #1 2 3 4 5 designation. But based on it is used. A number 1 is not coming... No chance whatsoever. If Marcum is considered a 2 maybe but I think most would say 3.

#9 iastfan112

iastfan112

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

All we need now is Mark DeRosa and this'll be an A+ offseason!

#10 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 6,281 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Best signing of the offseason. What does that say?

#11 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,527 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

I can't wait for someone to come up with a lame argument against this. No risk. All upside...even if we never see it. I hope we can get Webb to do the same thing. Why not? If they have any success it can lead to a deadline prospect deal or make the Twins better.

I agree and you had me at Arrested Development quoting.