Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

GAME THREAD 9/25/20 Twins vs. Reds 7:10 CDT.

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#1 Diesel

Diesel

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 637 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 05:37 PM

The Twins are in 1st place.

The offense is starting to find itself.

Edwar Colina is up with the big league squad.

Is there anything else to say?

Twins SP: Jose Berrios
1. Max Kepler RF
2. Josh Donaldson 3B
3. Nelson Cruz DH
4. Eddie Rosario LF
5. Byron Buxton CF
6. Miguel Sano 1B
7. Jorge Polanco SS
8. Mitch Garver C
9. Marwin Gonzalez 2B

Reds SP: Tyler Mahle
1. Shogo Akiyama LF
2. Nick Castellanos RF
3. Joey Votto 1B
4. Eugenio Suarez 3B
5. Mike Moustakas 2B
6. Jesse Winker DH
7. Nick Senzel CF
8. Freddy Galvis SS
9. Tucker Barnhart C

This is obviously going to be a tough series, especially if the Reds don’t clinch a spot tonight. Sonny Gray, Luis Castillo, and Trevor Bauer is a heck of a top three in a rotation.

Honestly, a division win doesn’t mean much this year (unless we have to face the Indians or Yankees...)

Let’s play ball!
  • operation mindcrime likes this

#2 spycake

spycake

• 18,348 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 05:47 PM

This is the "MLB Game of the Week" on YouTube, so you can watch it live there:

https://www.youtube....h?v=nr28Kkb8Q5E

• IndianaTwin likes this

#3 h2oface

h2oface

Lifelong since '61

• 5,196 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 25 September 2020 - 05:55 PM

I have to tune out all the "There goes the division" "We'll be lucky to even see the playoffs". Hard to do that here. Don't look now... but the Twins are two back of the number one seed, with Tampa playing a highly motivated Philly, and losing 3-1 in the fourth. Anything can happen in these last 3 games, and Cincy is also very highly motivated. This weekend might be better than the playoffs. Hopefully the Twins come to win.... but Houston as the third seed would be OK with me.

All expect..... 

Twins sprinting to the Number One seed,

and the Yankees falling to #8,

both of which could happen still.

• DocBauer likes this

#4 DocBauer

DocBauer

• 6,925 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 05:59 PM

I still don't like the expanded playoffs. But they don't directly affect the Twins. And while I wish the Twins had taken care of business better against the Tigers and Royals...much less that bad series at the end against the Sox...I have to admit I am on pins and needles these last 3 games to see our final seed, not to mention a real shot to still win the division and hoist that banner.

Go Twins! Don't stop winning now!
"Nice catch Hayes...don't ever f*****g do it again."

--Lou Brown

#5 DocBauer

DocBauer

• 6,925 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 06:01 PM

Also, very happy for Colina. (Though I'm still a bit confused about the Bailey DFA). I hope Colina can remain in the rotation, but he could be very good in the pen in the not too distant future.
"Nice catch Hayes...don't ever f*****g do it again."

--Lou Brown

#6 stringer bell

stringer bell

In the Twilight of a Mediocre Career

• 10,105 posts
  • LocationElgin, MN

Posted 25 September 2020 - 06:04 PM

This is going to be my 10,000th post on Twins Daily, so it might be a bit long and more than a little bit personal. Let me start by saying that 2020 has been a significant year for me. I got married this summer at an age where more people are celebrating the wedding of their ........grandchildren. I'm lucky to have found love in the September (maybe October or November) of my life.

I consider myself a bit of a victim of the COVID-19 outbreak. I was in Fort Myers in March and watched two of the Twins exhibition games, one in Clearwater, one in Fort Myers, when the Utah BB players tested positive starting the wave of cancellations and sparking uncertainty. My then-fianceé was set to join me for a week of sun and baseball, but instead I had to drive home by myself. That week may have been the strangest I've ever seen, no traffic anywhere, empty beaches, sold out aisles and the like.

I am a retired person and was going absolutely stir crazy until the golf courses opened in April. As soon as the announcement that golf would be permitted was made, we got a foot of snow, delaying the opening of my home course by another 10 days. No baseball through all of this, and the distinct possibility that the entire season would be wiped out. I learned how to use Zoom to see my kids and grandkids, watched a lot of Netflix and Amazon and waited for baseball.

Twins Daily has been a lifeline to me. I was so frustrated with baseball and pandemics, but still tried to check the site when there was no activity to report. Like the rest of the world, the site has been a little ......different in this short season with so many changes. However, I'm glad to be here and enjoying baseball again, and my favorite team has a chance to make some noise in the postseason.

The season has taken some getting used to. Seven inning doubleheader games, man on second in extra innings, expanded rosters, empty stands, masks everywhere. What has resulted however is a lot of great stories--a great race for the last 4-5 NL seeds, underdogs like Miami and Toronto having a shot (Toronto is in) and small market teams in the AL with the best record. The playoff formula works fine for this shortened season and might be what we'll see going forward. We all know the money is made in postseason, so why not expand it?

The Twins face Cincinnati tonight with seeding and a division championship on the line. The Reds are playing for their postseason lives right now, they have everything to play for. Today's lineup looks to be the starting lineup for Game 1 of the postseason for the Twins, with Berríos on instead of Maeda and Gonzalez starting at second, which would be the case if Arraez is not ready to play.

The Reds don't have a qualified hitter with a batting average above .228, but they can pitch! Should be a fun night at Target Field.

• IndianaTwin, PDX Twin, twinssporto and 2 others like this

#7 spycake

spycake

• 18,348 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 06:09 PM

This is going to be my 10,000th post on Twins Daily,

Congrats, rookie! :)

I hope the Twins win to commemorate the occasion!

• Nine of twelve likes this

#8 LVTwinsfan

LVTwinsfan

Rochester Red Wings

• 2,468 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 25 September 2020 - 06:10 PM

Twins should win the division now, I’d like to see them win out, # 1 seed is still possible, I don’t know who holds the tiebreaker between the Twins and the Rays though

You know horses are smarter than people. You never heard of a horse going broke betting on people.  - Will Rogers

#9 LVTwinsfan

LVTwinsfan

Rochester Red Wings

• 2,468 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 25 September 2020 - 06:11 PM

Bremer has such low expectations, he’s very annoying

You know horses are smarter than people. You never heard of a horse going broke betting on people.  - Will Rogers

#10 LVTwinsfan

LVTwinsfan

Rochester Red Wings

• 2,468 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 25 September 2020 - 06:13 PM

Go Cubs

#11 spycake

spycake

• 18,348 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 06:15 PM

Twins should win the division now, I’d like to see them win out, # 1 seed is still possible, I don’t know who holds the tiebreaker between the Twins and the Rays though

Rays hold the tiebreaker over us, so the Twins would have to win out while the Rays lose out.

#12 Sielk

Sielk

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 177 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 06:16 PM

What a catch, Marwin.

Berríos looking pretty good so far.

#13 LVTwinsfan

LVTwinsfan

Rochester Red Wings

• 2,468 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 25 September 2020 - 06:17 PM

Rays hold the tiebreaker over us, so the Twins would have to win out while the Rays lose out.

Odds are Twins will play Cleveland or Chicago in the first round

#14 Nine of twelve

Nine of twelve

Minnesota Twins

• 3,422 posts
  • LocationEarth, for the time being

Posted 25 September 2020 - 06:20 PM

I got married this summer at an age where more people are celebrating the wedding of their ........grandchildren. 

Congrats, old man! :)

I hope the Twins win to commemorate the occasion!

#15 LVTwinsfan

LVTwinsfan

Rochester Red Wings

• 2,468 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 25 September 2020 - 06:20 PM

Phillies have a 4-1 lead over the Rays

#16 Twodogs

Twodogs

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,330 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 06:24 PM

It would be nice to see Cruz go on another tear right now like at the beginning of the season.

You cannot succeed without hate for your enemy

#17 sampleSizeOfOne

sampleSizeOfOne

abstract

• 9,999 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 06:26 PM

What i miss?

#18 sampleSizeOfOne

sampleSizeOfOne

abstract

• 9,999 posts

Rosario gets himself a hit.

#19 LVTwinsfan

LVTwinsfan

Rochester Red Wings

• 2,468 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

lol, you can’t throw too high to Rosario

#20 PDX Twin

PDX Twin

Portland Beavers

• 1,590 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 25 September 2020 - 06:28 PM

lol, you can’t throw too high to Rosario

with the catcher able to reach it.

Triples are more fun than home runs; stolen bases are more fun than strikeouts; singles are more fun than walks.