Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

The Robes

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 AlwaysinModeration

AlwaysinModeration

Minnesota Twins

• 2,838 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 03:51 PM

It’s hokey, but I don’t think the fact that Donaldson gifted everyone on the team their own robes, and they have turned it into a “thing” after homers should be underestimated. Every year it seems like teams come up with some sort of stupid thing like Aaron Judge interviewing players in the dugout, or players having secret signs when they get hits, etc. I don’t know how to quantify it, but I honestly think those little team-building things are significant, and I love to see it for the Twins. I hope they really, really care about getting to wear the robe. Bring on the bombas this weekend and next week. Who cares if this is a weird year - there is still going to be a champion crowned, and the Twins have a stacked team. Go win it!
  • Longdistancetwins, DocBauer and BeatTheRich like this

#2 spycake

spycake

• 18,338 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 04:42 PM

I hope they do robes beyond just home runs, to maximize their hokey impact.

Is there a chance MLB could step in, and say that sharing robes violates some COVID-19 protocol? If so, could that make the power of the robes even stronger?

Hopefully the robes succeed where "Bombas" and dance parties have previously failed!

#3 AlwaysinModeration

AlwaysinModeration

Minnesota Twins

• 2,838 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 05:28 PM

Is there a chance MLB could step in, and say that sharing robes violates some COVID-19 protocol? If so, could that make the power of the robes even stronger?

Hopefully the robes succeed where "Bombas" and dance parties have previously failed!

Good point. If MLB banned the robe-sharing, that would definitely increase the “us against the world” mentality.

#4 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 26,522 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 05:50 PM

If they want to complete the impact ... they need to get a robe for the Squirrel ;) 

• DocBauer, IndianaTwin and wabene like this
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

#5 Thegrin

Thegrin

• 1,130 posts
  • LocationRipon, CA

Posted 25 September 2020 - 09:37 PM

I WANT ONE !!!:D

• Channing1964 likes this

#6 Longdistancetwins

Longdistancetwins

• 240 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 25 September 2020 - 09:56 PM

If they want to complete the impact ... they need to get a robe for the Squirrel ;)

The MLB Game of the Week guys talked about the Squirrel late in the game tonight.  They were suggesting that he may have died over the cold MInnesota winter.

#7 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 26,522 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 11:12 PM

The MLB Game of the Week guys talked about the Squirrel late in the game tonight.  They were suggesting that he may have died over the cold MInnesota winter.

Ack! She’s alive and well!
  • Longdistancetwins likes this
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

#8 Channing1964

Channing1964

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 752 posts
  • LocationPhoenix,Az

Posted 26 September 2020 - 07:24 AM

im sure i read that every player and most support staff all were gifted personalized robes. Cruz got his before everybody else i think

#9 Channing1964

Channing1964

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 752 posts
  • LocationPhoenix,Az

Posted 26 September 2020 - 07:26 AM

I WANT ONE !!!:D

I am sure they will he available at the team shop for 199.95 with free shipping for online orders of $200.00 or more
  • wabene likes this