Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

0-16 baby

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Billy G.O.A.T

• 15,893 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 09:37 AM

I think Kirk Cousins would surely help Dallas make a playoff run. Unrelated, I loathe Dallas.

There isn't a player on the team outside of Justin Jefferson I wouldn't be willing to move for reasonable compensation.

#62 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• 10,192 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 09:54 AM

I think Kirk Cousins would surely help Dallas make a playoff run. Unrelated, I loathe Dallas.

There isn't a player on the team outside of Justin Jefferson I wouldn't be willing to move for reasonable compensation.

I know this is a joke but that actually makes some sense, Cousins isn't this bad and he has some knowledge of the NFC East. But his contract makes him untradeable for us, right? Like, we'd have a 20m cap penalty? 

#63 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Pitch(er) Mix: Tequila, Orange Liqueur, Lime Juice

• 13,816 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 22 October 2020 - 10:14 AM

Uhh, what? That would be heart breaking.

#64 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• 31,697 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 10:28 AM

Bad to trade for however you spell his name in the first place....but right move to trade him now.

I would be bummed if they deal Hunter! He's young enough to be around for a long time.

• nicksaviking likes this

It's been a fun year so far, GO Twins. 

#65 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Billy G.O.A.T

• 15,893 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 10:31 AM

I know this is a joke but that actually makes some sense, Cousins isn't this bad and he has some knowledge of the NFC East. But his contract makes him untradeable for us, right? Like, we'd have a 20m cap penalty? 

There would be a cap hit, but I want to draft a QB next year anyway so it makes no difference to me if the Vikings cap hit comes with Cousins on the bench or on another team.

#66 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Billy G.O.A.T

• 15,893 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 10:35 AM

Bad to trade for however you spell his name in the first place....but right move to trade him now.

I would be bummed if they deal Hunter! He's young enough to be around for a long time.

Sucks about Hunter. He is the type of player I'd like to have around for a long time, but if the team is going to be rebuilding during the next year or so, his excellent play in his prime years will be for naught.

Hopefully he does still have his prime years ahead of him. A neck injury is a bit scary, I hope this is a fix it and forget it kind of thing and not something that could impact his health long term.

• Mike Sixel likes this

#67 Danchat

Danchat

Pro Bowl Armchair QB

• 5,794 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:24 PM

I used to be on the Spielman bandwagon, but the past couple offseasons have really turned me off. Too many bad extensions, topped off with the inexcusable Cousins extension. A backwards philosophy going into the offseason trying to "rebuild on the fly", making win-now moves (Ngakoue trade, Harris tagged, Pierce and extensions), while also retooling the roster (Diggs traded, 15 draft picks made). Not good enough to compete, but chained too heavily financially the next couple years when the prospects will be developed. 

I, at the very least, expected Cousins to beat up on bad defenses, but he can't even do that now. He's suddenly become Jamies Winston, handing turnovers away (plus the highest depth of target QB too). There are some legitimate reasons why Zimmer's defense has been bad, but it shouldn't be this bad. There are rookie DBs who are playing well in the NFL, but ours have no idea what they're doing. Freaking Xaiver Rhodes is having a resurgence because the Colts understand how to actually use him. Hughes looks like a total bust - does Zimmer actually know how to develop CBs? He got the 11th overall pick with Trae Waynes, and he topped out as a league average CB, took him until 3 year to be a starter. It took Mack Alexander until his 3rd year too. 

I don't see a future with the Vikings winning a Super Bowl with this threesome in charge, but unfortunately they've all been extended.:banghead:

• Mike Sixel likes this