Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Yet another Correia thread

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 The Greatest Poster Alive

The Greatest Poster Alive

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

So, it's been a pretty much universally panned move by JR. I don't think we need to start another thread doing so.

So I decided to take another angle.

What will it take out of Correia for Twins fans to be satisfied with his performance (whether you think he can reach it or not)?

I'm hoping we see something around 160+ innings, with a 4.00 - 5.00 era.

more importantly I'd like to see him keep his walks in the low 40's for the season total.

If he can get this team through 6 innings still in the game I think this will be a good signing. It's obviously nothing spectacular but it should be enough to help the abysmal rotation improve.

#2 jorgenswest

jorgenswest

• Members
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

I would be satisfied if he was in the bullpen and used in the rotation when a starter was injured. If a young starter makes a short start, give him the ball and let him go several innings. Don't worry about his arm. Let him take the burden and save the rest of the pen.

#3 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,213 posts
  • LocationBeverly Hills, CA

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

For what the Twins are paying, I would hope for at least 150 innings and an era below 5.

#4 jorgenswest

jorgenswest

• Members
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

What if Blackburn and Marquis had ERAs just above replacement level rather than awful? Maybe Pavano joins them with a similar performance and isn't on the DL. Does Diamond get the same opportunity? I am not so sure.

The Twins need to give this opportunity to a pitcher with the upside that comes with youth.

The money is spent. I hope they don't compound it by giving regular starts to a decline phase pitcher with barely above replacement level performance.