Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Kirk Cousins / Joe Mauer interview

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Owner
  • 18,503 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 05:47 AM

This is nearly a week old, but Joe Mauer was interviewed on Under Center with Kirk Cousins. They talked about his high school athletic career, his commitment to QB at Florida State (and some of the other opportunities that he had), and of course, his Twins career. Was a lot of fun to listen to.

https://www.vikings....how-green-bay-p

• dbminn and bighat like this

#2 Shaitan

Shaitan

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,549 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 08:48 AM

Ha, Cousins is basically the new Mauer as far as criticism goes.

#3 Number3

Number3

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 553 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 11:49 AM

Ha, Cousins is basically the new Mauer as far as criticism goes.

My thought exactly. Cousins is the football version of Mauer. The fact that they both play(ed) for Minnesota teams is coincidental I assume. 2 overpaid "stars" who rack up numbers but don't inspire teammates and don't win.

#4 blindeke

blindeke

• 628 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 12:01 PM

Mauer is far superior to Cousins in their respective sports.

• KirbyDome89 likes this

#5 D. Hocking

D. Hocking

• 2,328 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 04:41 PM

I think the unspoken words when talking about his new coaching career were -- you don't have to deal with the parents as much when you are the assistant coach.I wonder if he tells his players to battle their tales off.

He most likely would never say it if it were the case, but I have never gotten the impression from any of his post-retirement interviews that he has had any second thoughts about the retirement decision.I am guessing having the baby two days later helped that (and I have always felt, despite him saying he had not made up his mind, the decision was largely made when he had the concussion symptoms the previous summer).