- Should Teddy win the ROY award?
Today, 10:00 AM
- Will He/Won't He?? - Jerry Kill's future...
Today, 09:43 AM
- Article: We Wish You a Purple Christmas
Today, 09:11 AM
- Vikings Free Agency News
Today, 09:03 AM
- Notable NFL News (Cuts, signings, injuries, etc.)
Today, 09:01 AM
- Special Teams fire and cut them all.
Yesterday, 07:42 PM
- Please welcome our new moderator: Melanie (Funkytown)
Yesterday, 10:56 AM
- Purple Pain Members - Start Here!
Yesterday, 09:57 AM
- Article: Clock Management Bites The Vikings Once Again
Dec 24 2014 07:58 PM
- Article: Film Review: Teddy Dazzles While the Defense Grew Dim
Dec 24 2014 08:31 AM
Article: Coffey is for (setting up) closers
Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:33 AM
Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:26 PM
It could be that he needed to adjust and get his slider more in the strike zone - that batter figured out to stay off that pitch because it was almost never hittable. The adjustment he made was to get it in there enough to keep them honest.
I considered that but I'm not sold on that being correct. Swing rate was at 45% in '09 -- well above average. The adjustment brought the swing rate up to 50%. Not a substantial difference. Besides, his walk rate on the slider was lower in '09 when it was in the zone less than it was in '11 when it was in the zone more. So no, I don't think that is the reason for the adjustment.