- Article: Packers vs. Vikings preview: Time to Chill Out
Today, 05:17 PM
- Article: Packers vs. Vikings Game Thread
Today, 05:05 PM
- Article: Vikings are Young and a Bit Restless
Today, 11:44 AM
- Where Should The NFL Expand?
Today, 11:16 AM
- Article: Fantasy Football Week 12 Rankings
Today, 08:46 AM
- Would the Vikings have made the playoffs if Adrian Peterson was playing?
Yesterday, 11:23 AM
- Article: Preparing For Life Without Adrian Peterson
Yesterday, 11:10 AM
- Article: Adrian Peterson/NFLPA Submit Letter of Appeal to NFL
Nov 21 2014 11:11 PM
- Article: NFL Suspends Adrian Peterson for Remainder of 2014 Season
Nov 21 2014 03:08 PM
- Peterson's Mea Culpa Tour Is Starting A Little Late
Nov 21 2014 11:31 AM
Article: Coffey is for (setting up) closers
Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:33 AM
Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:26 PM
It could be that he needed to adjust and get his slider more in the strike zone - that batter figured out to stay off that pitch because it was almost never hittable. The adjustment he made was to get it in there enough to keep them honest.
I considered that but I'm not sold on that being correct. Swing rate was at 45% in '09 -- well above average. The adjustment brought the swing rate up to 50%. Not a substantial difference. Besides, his walk rate on the slider was lower in '09 when it was in the zone less than it was in '11 when it was in the zone more. So no, I don't think that is the reason for the adjustment.