Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Post Season Rotation

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Battle ur tail off

Battle ur tail off

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 686 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 12:15 PM

This shouldn't be that hard. 

Maeda(been fantastic this year), Berrios(best stuff of all of them but hasn't been a shutdown type at all during postseason), Pineda(most consistent over the course of a couple years. 

Then pitch them again next round. Use Hill if a 4th starter is needed. Put Dobby or Odo in the bullpen to use if any of those guys get knocked out early. Or if you get up big and need to rest your horses. 

#42 stringer bell

stringer bell

In the Twilight of a Mediocre Career

• 10,069 posts
  • LocationElgin, MN

Posted 23 September 2020 - 01:08 PM

OK for the balance of the regular season (four games) they start Maeda, then Berríos, then Pineda? The finale would be Bailey or Odorizzi? What happens to Hill? Does he take a trip to St. Paul to throw against the possible replacements? The team does have a chance to win the Central and needs wins to clinch a #4 seed regardless.

#43 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

A Little Teapot

• Owner
  • 23,980 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 01:23 PM

OK for the balance of the regular season (four games) they start Maeda, then Berríos, then Pineda? The finale would be Bailey or Odorizzi? What happens to Hill? Does he take a trip to St. Paul to throw against the possible replacements? The team does have a chance to win the Central and needs wins to clinch a #4 seed regardless.

I'd go Maeda, Berrios, Pineda, Odorizzi. Hill throws on the side, Bailey doesn't factor into my decision at all.

#44 spycake

spycake

• 18,169 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 03:06 PM

My guess is that if Sunday's game is meaningful -- can win us the division or home field -- then Hill would start it.

Although even if it's not meaningful, I suppose Hill could start for an inning or two as a tune up for a bullpen role during the wild card round. (Could see Odorizzi, Bailey, or even Dobnak follow him, as well as any other relievers who need a tune-up.)

#45 spycake

spycake

• 18,169 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 03:57 PM

Maeda/Berrios/Pineda officially confirmed:

• Battle ur tail off likes this