- Please welcome our new moderator: Melanie (Funkytown)
Today, 05:40 PM
- Article: We Wish You a Purple Christmas
Today, 10:55 AM
- Should Teddy win the ROY award?
Today, 10:54 AM
- Article: Film Review: Teddy Dazzles While the Defense Grew Dim
Today, 08:31 AM
- Article: Vikings Journal Mailbag: Salvaging Players, Fitting Zimmer's Defense, Chemistry and Draft Priorities
Today, 06:15 AM
- Notable NFL News (Cuts, signings, injuries, etc.)
Today, 01:03 AM
- Article: Pro Bowl Shuts Out Vikings
Yesterday, 11:28 PM
- Vikings Free Agency News
Yesterday, 07:16 PM
- Norv Turner defends his rookie QB
Yesterday, 12:00 PM
- Where Should The NFL Expand?
Yesterday, 10:58 AM
Liam Hendriks discusses his five-pitch mix
Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:09 AM
Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:43 PM
[COLOR=#b22222]~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~[/COLOR]
Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:49 AM
Paul Pleiss, staff writer for www.puckettspond.com
Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:32 AM
I wrote this in another thread...
I think that Hendriks compares very similarly to Scott Baker. His velocity is the same. He has a better curveball. They have similar changeups. The difference is tha Baker is very stoic, which some really like and appreciate and others get quite frustrated with. Hendriks is known for being very competitive. So, if Baker is the comp, I think it's very fair to say that Hendriks' upside is a #2... more likely a #3. I'll take that any day. that's worth a lot of money.
Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:15 AM
Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:35 PM
Scouting Report: Power: 30, Hitting: 50, Arm: 60, Defense: 40, Speed: 40. "Line drive swing and shows good contact and on-base abilities. Double's power at his peak. Strong arm from 2B or the OF, stiff hands. Not a fast runner, but above average instincts on the bases. Skinny body doesn't look the part, but can sneak up on you. ACL surgery sapped much of his athleticism." (Probably)
Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:53 AM