Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Kepler to IL, Rooker promoted

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 jimbo92107

jimbo92107

SeƱor Member

• 4,693 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 04 September 2020 - 11:12 AM

Makes sense. Rooker is ripe on the vine. That wrist action resembles Rosario's. The ball explodes off his bat. Without Kep in the order, they'llneed somebody with home run power. Kirilloff might be able to do it, but Rooker needs a look for future considerations, like off-season trades, or replacing Cave or Wade. 

Welcome to the Show, Brent Rooker!

The door opened. A woman screamed. Someday, my mom would learn to knock.

#22 whosafraidofluigirussolo

whosafraidofluigirussolo

• 236 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 11:13 AM

I guess the question now is what happens to get him on the 40-man? He's not already there, is he?

If my count is accurate they're at 41 including Bailey, so someone else would have to 45-day IL or be cut loose.

Not sure but I *think* they have a spot available - when Vargas was DFAed for Donaldson coming back, that was because Vargas was out of options, not because they needed to free a spot for Donaldson (who still was counted in the 40 while on the IL.) So Vargas' removal from the 40-man would mean an open spot.

• spycake and jud6312 like this

#23 jud6312

jud6312

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,729 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 11:16 AM

Not sure but I *think* they have a spot available - when Vargas was DFAed for Donaldson coming back, that was because Vargas was out of options, not because they needed to free a spot for Donaldson (who still was counted in the 40 while on the IL.) So Vargas' removal from the 40-man would mean an open spot.

They've added Rooker to the 40-man on the website, but that puts them at 42.

Am I missing someone besides Bailey on the 45-man? There's been so many injuries I haven't been able to keep up.,

#24 stringer bell

stringer bell

In the Twilight of a Mediocre Career

• 10,069 posts
  • LocationElgin, MN

Posted 04 September 2020 - 11:28 AM

Garver went on the IL on 8/20. If he went on the 45-day list, that would put him out until 10/4 or thereabouts. Littell went on the list two days later, so his return would be 10/6 if placed on the 45-day list.

Honestly, if they need to clear space on the 40-man, the Twins should consider Wade. He's essentially been passed by Larnach, Kirilloff and now Rooker. He would most likely get claimed, but I doubt he'll ever be a regular with the Twins.

#25 birdwatcher

birdwatcher

• 4,526 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 11:41 AM

Hope he wins Rooker Of The Year!

Are you allowed to hand yourself one of them demerits?

• ashbury likes this

#26 rdehring

rdehring

Rochester Red Wings

• 2,084 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 11:46 AM

They had been at 42 on the 40-man for awhile. Bailey is on the 45-day IL, so that's one spot. Most of us have assumed that Gordon is on the COVID list and therefore, wasn't included on the 40-man. Doesn't seem to be any other explanation.

• spycake and jud6312 like this

#27 jud6312

jud6312

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,729 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 11:50 AM

They had been at 42 on the 40-man for awhile. Bailey is on the 45-day IL, so that's one spot. Most of us have assumed that Gordon is on the COVID list and therefore, wasn't included on the 40-man. Doesn't seem to be any other explanation.

That would make sense. I wonder how long he can stay on that list since he was cleared last week.

Regardless, it's better than having to move someone else to the 45-day. I think it's going to be all hands on deck for the last month.

• Vanimal46 likes this

#28 IndianaTwin

IndianaTwin

• 2,072 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 09:44 PM

Given that Jim is now 77, the competition shouldn't be too tough. 

https://www.baseball...rookeji01.shtml

By the way, I did discover that Jim Rooker has published three children's books: Paul the Baseball, Matt the Batt, and Kitt the Mitt. That's pretty cool.

(Unfortunately, Denterfielder the Centerfielder was left on the editing room floor.)

• ashbury likes this

#29 jctwins

jctwins

• 437 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 08:50 AM

Well that was fun while it lasted.

• operation mindcrime likes this

#30 operation mindcrime

operation mindcrime

Minnesota Twins

• 3,612 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 09:36 AM

Well that was fun while it lasted.

Yeah that sucks! :(

#31 spycake

spycake

• 18,169 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 09:42 AM

Kepler is eligible to be activated today. I guess "Rooker to IL, Kepler activated" would have some symmetry with the original transaction, although sadly Rooker can't come back in 10 days...