Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Site question: Formatting of comments

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jimv

Jimv

Elizabethton Twins

• 48 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 10:13 PM

I noticed when I posted a long comment that the software eliminates any more than one space after periods.I know that some style manuals are now preferring one space rather than two, but to me, maybe it's the font, but I think that's much harder to read here.Any option on that?Thanks.

#2 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Minnesota Twins

• 12,571 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 08:08 AM

I noticed when I posted a long comment that the software eliminates any more than one space after periods.I know that some style manuals are now preferring one space rather than two, but to me, maybe it's the font, but I think that's much harder to read here.Any option on that?Thanks.

Greetings, Jimv!

We had a fun discussion about this a couple years ago; here is the thread:

Two spaces after a period

The post that answers your question might be Post 27:

Okay, first, this is a bug I have never been able to fix. The RTE on this site is buggy as **** and it's so embedded into everything that I have no hope of removing it and replacing it with something more adjustable.

Hope that helps. Hope you stick around the threads, regardless of your one-space-two-space or stylebook preferences. 

Edited by Hosken Bombo Disco, 04 September 2020 - 08:11 AM.

He measured the achievements of others by what they had accomplished, asking of them that they measure him by what he envisaged or planned.
- J. L. Borges

#3 Jimv

Jimv

Elizabethton Twins

• 48 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 02:13 AM

Greetings, Jimv!

We had a fun discussion about this a couple years ago; here is the thread:

Two spaces after a period

The post that answers your question might be Post 27:

Hope that helps. Hope you stick around the threads, regardless of your one-space-two-space or stylebook preferences. 

Thanks.  That's certainly a comprehensive response!