Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

How bad will the slaughter be tomorrow?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 luke829

luke829

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • LocationGrand Marais

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

I may be pleasantly surprised, but I'm guessing that might be many a four-lettered word uttered.
Mastermind of the "Free Bert" sign.

#2 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Members
  • 13,240 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

I think, sadly, they have a shot with the Bears defensive issues.

#3 stringer bell

stringer bell

Staunch supporter of the worst team in mlb. Who's the fool?

• Twins Mods
  • 7,775 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

Unless the Bears go +2 or better in the turnover battle, the Vikings win this one. I'm saying 20-17 Minnesota.

#4 Reginald Maudling's Shin

Reginald Maudling's Shin

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

I think, sadly, they have a shot with the Bears defensive issues.

Unfortunately they may win. At this point, knowing they have no shot at the postseason (or more importantly doing anything in the postseason) all wins now will do is hurt their draft position and help Frazier and Musgrave keep their jobs. I have zero confidence in these two and very little in Ponder.

#5 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• Members
  • 21,617 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

I too think they could win. I do think it could get ugly, fast. But I do think it will be close, and they could win.

I don't know, it is a site to discuss sports, not airline safety.....maybe we should take it less seriously?

#6 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Members
  • 13,240 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

I'm done hearing about the offensive line being a problem. They ahve to get better at blitz pickup, but they are opening massive holes for Peterson and have been all year. They aren't a problem, if you've blamed them or still do....watch the games closer. This group is playing well enough to be called "good" at this point.

#7 FrodaddyG

FrodaddyG

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

This has all the makings of a "Wow, we're up 14-0!" game which transitions into a "Wait, it's late in the 4th, we're down by 10, have they really not scored since 7 minutes in?" game.

#8 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Members
  • 13,240 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

That's a TD to Wright if Ponder didn't have a noodle arm. Jesus.

#9 FrodaddyG

FrodaddyG

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

They need a mortar shot sound effect to play whenever Ponder throws over 10 yards.

#10 J-Dog Dungan

J-Dog Dungan

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

I am biting my nails over this game. If the Vikes win, they have at least a chance of making the playoffs

#11 J-Dog Dungan

J-Dog Dungan

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

HAHAHHAHAHA. H-Smith taking their game and shoving it down their throat. Pick 6, Vikes 21-7 late in the 3rd quarter.

#12 Kwak

Kwak

• Members
  • 2,816 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

...and I thought you meant because of the snow storm.

#13 luke829

luke829

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • LocationGrand Marais

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

Wow, I come back in after clearing snow only to find a win was pulled out. Then I look out the window as I type this to find it snowing again. Irony.
Mastermind of the "Free Bert" sign.

#14 DaveW

DaveW

Aaron Hicks update (5/17): .326 BA .464 OBP .616 SLG 1.080 OPS

• Members
  • 12,417 posts
  • LocationNYC aka Aaron Hicks Ville

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

@stl @hou(who will maybe Ben benching everyone) very well could come down to the last week of the season against GB.

Ponder sucks though, Christ.

#15 TheLeviathan

TheLeviathan

Twins News Team

• Members
  • 13,240 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

How many games is this now that we have won despite his awful performances? 3?

#16 J-Dog Dungan

J-Dog Dungan

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

Pretty close. Gotta have a few bad performances in a row over the next three weeks from Dallas, Washington, and Chicago to get in, as all three are in front of us in the standings. Extremely possible with Chicago with the kind of turd they are laying the second half of the season. With the injury to RG3, the Redskins are seemingly vulnerable at least next week. I don't know who Dallas is facing over the next three weeks, but let's hope these three teams lose out and the Vikes can win at least two out of three.

#17 one_eyed_jack

one_eyed_jack

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

Ponder is to the Vikings what Johnny Flynn was to the T-Wolves. Collective WTF?! reaction from fans after they were drafted as a high as they were. Likeable guys, showed some early promise, but just aren't big league material. Except that the Vikes didn't draft a quarterback equivalent to Ricky Rubio when they drafted Ponder. (How's that for a Vikes/Wolves analogy on a Twins site.)

I've tried to be patient with Ponder, but he's at the point where things should be starting to click, and he's regressing.

#18 Top Gun

Top Gun

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

The Twins should only be this good.

#19 Tcrose3636

Tcrose3636

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

Maybe if the Vikings had a receiver that could catch the ball on third down last week, catch a pass in the end zone on an untipped ball that hits off the receivers shoulder pads. Yes Ponder makes mistakes, but he is not even two years in and showed in the beginning of the year that he can make plays. All thus bitching about him sounds like I am back out in Madison when Rodgers was taking over for Favre.

#20 Westgaard66

Westgaard66

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:00 PM

Ponder's 2 biggest issues:
1) lack of confidence
2) he's gun shy as hell. He won't stand in there, take some heat and try and make a throw. If he feels like there is a guy with 5 feet of him he is cowering and breaking out of the pocket.