Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Ozzie Guillen

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 denarded

denarded

• 225 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 09:29 AM

Was on Chicago Sports talk radio this morningand was asked what surprised him about The Twins. He said he's never seen them make so many errors and mental mistakes. His second take was "Why does anybody pitch to Nelson Cruz?" Ozzie is great

• glunn, DocBauer, bighat and 1 other like this
Wikipedia is for suckers

#2 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Billy G.O.A.T

• 15,846 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 09:47 AM

Was on Chicago Sports talk radio this morningand was asked what surprised him about The Twins. He said he's never seen them make so many errors and mental mistakes. His second take was "Why does anybody pitch to Nelson Cruz?" Ozzie is great

He probably should have stopped at "I've never seen them" because the Twins lead the league in fewest errors this season.

• glunn, Oldgoat_MN, 70charger and 5 others like this

#3 denarded

denarded

• 225 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 10:35 AM

He probably should have stopped at "I've never seen them" because the Twins lead the league in fewest errors this season.

Ozzie doesn't need stats. He sees what he sees. You're correct Nick, I think he meant to say 'sloppy' not errors

• glunn and DocBauer like this
Wikipedia is for suckers

#4 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

A Little Teapot

• Owner
  • 23,980 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 01:11 PM

He said he's never seen them make so many errors and mental mistakes.

A humorous take given that the White Sox spent the series playing Clown Car Baseball.

• glunn, Huffmental, DocBauer and 2 others like this

#5 amjgt

amjgt

• 2,774 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 01:29 PM

His point isn't completely wrong because I will agree that the Twins aren't as "sharp" as we have been in the past, but didn't the Sox literally have as many errors in that series as the Twins had the entire year coming into the series?

• USAFChief, glunn, DocBauer and 3 others like this

#6 IndianaTwin

IndianaTwin

• 2,072 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 02:48 PM

I would say that the series seemed to have as much overall bad and sloppy play by both teams and bad and sloppy umpiring as any series between two contenders that I can recall. Other than the final result of two wins out of three, it wasn't the most enjoyable series to watch. 

• USAFChief, glunn, Dantes929 and 4 others like this

#7 h2oface

h2oface

Lifelong since '61

• 5,166 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 03 September 2020 - 03:46 PM

Seemed to me he was referring to one game/ series, this one, and not a season. Just like when Cruz strikes out 4 times in one game, one might say...."I've never seen Cruz look so bad at the plate" ...... because they usually see him rake. Same thing. Take the Sox hate away, and one can hear things in perspective. The Twins, since the losing streak, and blowing the simple triple play, have looked uncharateristically error prone, whether an error is scored or not. It has nothing to do with the "ya but" comparison to the White Sox, who also were very "error" prone. Kind of even a compliment, as it is not expected of the Twins by Ozzie.

• USAFChief, glunn, Dantes929 and 3 others like this

#8 ashbury

ashbury

Twins fan for life!

• 25,939 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 03 September 2020 - 04:57 PM

He said he's never seen them make so many errors and mental mistakes.

A humorous take given that the White Sox spent the series playing Clown Car Baseball.

He left that unsaid because he has seen them make so many errors and mental mistakes. :)

• Brock Beauchamp, USAFChief, glunn and 3 others like this

A mistake made more than once starts to look like a decision.

#9 TFRazor

TFRazor

Who's on first?

• 982 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 08:22 AM

He left that unsaid because he has seen them make so many errors and mental mistakes. :)

Maybe it's just expected from the tighty whities at this point

#10 Doctor Gast

Doctor Gast

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 555 posts
  • LocationBelo Horizonte, Brazil

Posted 04 September 2020 - 08:32 AM

Both teams played sloppy defense. Although Twins had few errors so far this season doesn`t mean they have a great defense. Lack of range is a big problem w/o Donaldson, so happy he`s back

#11 Dodecahedron

Dodecahedron

Elizabethton Twins

• 13 posts

Posted 05 September 2020 - 12:20 PM

Honestly, I think the Twins were rattled more than other teams by what happened in Kenosha.

Plus, and we have seen this for many years, the Twins lose more games when Buxton is not in the outfield.

When the White Sox face the Twins again, it won't be the same Twins he saw recently.

#12 Number3

Number3

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 539 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 07:31 AM

He can't expect every Twins team to be as good as the piranhas. Need an opinion on this from Hawk. Grab some bench Ozzie.

#13 Channing1964

Channing1964

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 749 posts
  • LocationPhoenix,Az

Posted 09 September 2020 - 11:20 AM

Man Ozzie was/is great. As much as i hate any Chicago sports team that dude, with his passion for the game and his competitive desire is an all time great IMHO. If we would have had him instead of Gardenhire we would have maybe won 3-4 championships in that era. It wont happen I know but Ozzie should be in the HOF. (I'm not entirely sure that he isnt already)

#14 Thegrin

Thegrin

• 1,123 posts
  • LocationRipon, CA

Posted 09 September 2020 - 12:36 PM

I like IMHO when people express their humble opinions, however I prefer ro use IMSHO because I am seldom humble about my opinions.:)