Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Twins 3, White Sox 2: Pineda, Buxton Shine in Return to Roster

twins vs white sox twins win michael pineda byron buxton
  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 twinbythebay

twinbythebay

Ft Myers Miracle

• 256 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 02 September 2020 - 09:36 AM

Anyone want to speculate why the left-handed outfielder who pinch-hit for Vargas was Cave and not Kepler?Did somebody get benched?

That's kinda what I was thinking... It might've been Rocco's way of sending a message. Of course, I'm sure if you asked Rocco, he'd say he just wanted to make sure he gave Kepler a full night of rest or something like that.

• Danchat likes this

#22 insagt1

insagt1

Ft Myers Miracle

• 438 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 10:18 AM

Ah, if ONLY Buxton could stay healthy. If that guy could stay in the lineup, lots of good things will happen. I'm betting though that one of his tools is probably going to go away...base-stealing. For him, its an injury just waiting to happen. Kepler...probably a combination of a 'benching' for lackadaisical play (he is a super outfielder most the time) and getting day off...his offense has not been good.

Sano--better at 1B than 3rd. He's doing all right. He still k's way too much, but he is always a threat. He is who he is (cliche)

I don't think Rogers should close anymore this short season. find a new role for him. Even with Kepler's error, a good closer gets out of that inning. rogers clearly doesn't have it this season.

Props to Jake..he's like the red-headed stepchild of the team. Loved his enthusiasm, as well as the whole team last night. Hopefully they can build on it.

• Melissa likes this

#23 Alex Schieferdecker

Alex Schieferdecker

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 81 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 11:05 AM

I can't get enough of Wisler closing the game with fourteen straight sliders, ranging from 80-85 mph.

He and Thielbar are absolutely spinning the ball, and have been completely freed by the dictum that you throw your best pitch as much as possible and forget about throwing your bad pitches for variety.

• twinbythebay likes this

#24 twinbythebay

twinbythebay

Ft Myers Miracle

• 256 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 02 September 2020 - 11:47 AM

I can't get enough of Wisler closing the game with fourteen straight sliders, ranging from 80-85 mph.

He and Thielbar are absolutely spinning the ball, and have been completely freed by the dictum that you throw your best pitch as much as possible and forget about throwing your bad pitches for variety.

It's absolutely amazing to me that it took professional baseball teams over a hundred years to come to such shocking realizations as "You should throw your best pitch as much as possible" and "You should put your fielders in the spots where the other team typically hits the ball"

• Danchat and Melissa like this

#25 Ruven

Ruven

Elizabethton Twins

• 23 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:45 PM

Pre-game 3 rant, but wtf! Why is Buxton on the bench?
  • BBAM likes this

#26 BBAM

BBAM

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 202 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 05:19 PM

Pre-game 3 rant, but wtf! Why is Buxton on the bench?

I was wondering the same flipping thing!!!!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twins vs white sox, twins win, michael pineda, byron buxton