According to Australian Baseball Digest, the Twins have signed RHP Virgil Vasquez to a minor league contract. He has been the ace of the Perth Heat in the Australian Baseball League this winter.
Vasquez pitched in 5 games (3 starts) for the Detroit Tigers in 2007. He also pitched in 14 games (7 starts) for the Pittsburgh Pirates in 2009. The 30-year-old from Santana Barbara, California, spent the 2012 season with Southern Maryland in the independent Atlantic League. He made 29 starts (and one relief appearance) and went 10-9 with a 4.44 ERA and a 1.27 WHIP. In 192.2 innings, he walked 48 and struck out 122. His 5.6 K/9 is only slightly lower than the 6.2 K/9 he has averaged since he signed with the Tigers as their 7th round draft pick in 2003 out of UC-Santa Barbara.
Vikings Journal Forums
- Article: Minnesota Vikings Fall Short in All Three Phases Against Patriots
Today, 07:59 PM--
- Week 2 Loss in 8 Words or Less
Today, 07:17 PM--
- FAAB money spent on Josh Gordon
Today, 03:34 PM--
- Vikings lead NFL in player arrests
Today, 03:32 PM--
- Houston reporter almost guarantees Peterson will be cleared
Today, 03:19 PM--
- Article: Where Do We Go From Here?
Today, 02:58 PM--
Twins Sign RHP Virgil Vasquez to Minor League Deal
2 replies to this topic