Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Can Royce Lewis help?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 Dman

Dman

• 1,938 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 12:13 PM

The timing for Lewis just doesn't feel right to me.I believe the reports that he is doing well but at this point he would only get a couple of weeks of MLB experience before the playoffs and IMO I think he gets schooled when facing some of the best pitching in baseball for the playoffs.Defensively he could be a difference maker as he could cover short, 3rd and center and likely be above average at all three.I know he is getting better but I still don't trust his hit tool yet and having a black hole rally killing bat in the lineup would hurt as well.

As stated above if he can't adjust right away then you lose a 40 man spot and start using up option years all on a low percentage gamble.I like the kid and he could be up with the team as early as next year but right now it doesn't feel like the right move to me.

#42 h2oface

h2oface

Lifelong since '61

• 5,166 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 10 September 2020 - 02:48 PM

Also i don't know the f**k they are doing with Jeffers when they have Astudillo. I know everyone wants to see Jeffers, Kiriloff, Larnach, Balzobic, and the equipment men from Pensacola but seriously. Astudillo and Avila should be holding down the catching for now. Having Jeffers in there every other day is like a 2016 decision.

I totally disagree. Jeffers is there because he CAN catch the ball, which Astudillo seems to struggle with no matter where he plays on the field, and especially behind the plate. Astudillo should be offered up at the virtual gift shop as a novelty.

• Twins33 and Channing1964 like this