- Hedges has been iffy at the plate, but the fact that he plays behind the plate could give them a viable alternative to Perez
- Quantrill looks like he's been an effective reliever this season, and might be able to give Cleveland some innings even if he doesn't move back to starting (he was still a SP last year, and was a top-100 prospect 2 years ago)
- Naylor looks like Greg Allen's replacement in the outfield
- Arias was a top 100 prospect at MLB.com but only FV 40+ at Fangraphs. Was in A-ball last year, a free-swinging SS. Aggressive placement on SD's 60-player pool?
- Cantillo is a lefty starter with great number in A-ball -- also an aggressive move to have this guy on the 60-player pool, but maybe he could ascend quickly (in relief?)
- Miller was a college draftee, infielder, solid minor league numbers so far, reached AA last year at age 22 -- potential Lindor replacement?
- PTBNL Waldron was another college draftee and looks like he could be a fast-rising reliever, but he's not in the Padres' 60-player pool so he can't help anybody this season