Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Klaw chat

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

Twins could have "at least" 7 top 100 prospects on KLaw list. From today's chat:

"Twins seem to have a pretty solid farm system. Sano, Buxton, Hicks, Arcia and Meyer should be in your top 100. Could any of Rosario, May, Gibson or Kepler slip in?

[h=6]Klaw (1:12 PM)
[/h]

I think they'll end up with at least 7 guys. Rosario was on it last year, Gibson was on before he got hurt but he's actually better now with the new slider."

#2 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,126 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

You KNOW things are going good when Keith Law finally shows the Twins some love

#3 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

Ryan has done a great job in just over a year. And we get to add the #4 pick in next years draft, most likely a pitcher (say Appel for this exercise). A future rotation with guys like Meyer, Gibson, Mays, Berrios, Appel, Hendriks, Worley auditioning for spots is darn exciting.

#4 Top Gun

Top Gun

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

I hope at least one or two pan out.

#5 Boom Boom

Boom Boom

Hydraulic Choppers

• Members
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

http://t0.gstatic.co...YVhesnJvTGHgihQ

#6 THE DFC

THE DFC

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

I bet we'll have 8, and let's hope Berrios and Kepler force the issue by mid-season next year. Hopefully, they can take the spots of Arcia, Hicks and Gibson, who will hopefully be thriving on the big-league squad.

Very exciting.

#7 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

A future rotation with guys like Meyer, Gibson, Mays, Berrios, Appel, Hendriks, Worley auditioning for spots is darn exciting.

Is there some requirement that new prospects need to have an 's' added to their name? Is this like the start of Meyersie, Maysie, Gibsie, etc?

#8 CDog

CDog

• Members
  • 856 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

A future rotation with guys like Meyer, Gibson, Mays, Berrios, Appel, Hendriks, Worley auditioning for spots is darn exciting.

Is there some requirement that new prospects need to have an 's' added to their name? Is this like the start of Meyersie, Maysie, Gibsie, etc?

You can't expect them to just be handed the whole nickname right off the bat, can you? You've got to earn it in stages!

#9 AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS

AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

You KNOW things are going good when Keith Law finally shows the Twins some love

haha right? KLAW showing the Twins some love......Crazy! Thanks Terry Ryan for getting KLAW to show us some love.

#10 AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS

AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

I bet we'll have 8, and let's hope Berrios and Kepler force the issue by mid-season next year. Hopefully, they can take the spots of Arcia, Hicks and Gibson, who will hopefully be thriving on the big-league squad.

Very exciting.

Kepler might be in KLAWs top 100, hes pretty high on Kepler. If i remember correctly he isnt to high on Berrios because he doesnt think he stuff will improve drastically.

#11 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

• Members
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

Thank God, I thought we re-signed Joe.

#12 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 6,022 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

Correct, he likes Kepler, but has stated that he has doubts about Berrios.

#13 Twins Twerp

Twins Twerp

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

I think Gibby is already in the works as a nickname. The rest will have to try a few and see what sticks. Mayzie hasn't been used for about 10 years so that would be ok with me. For Berrios I would hypothesize "Berries." Meyers could possibly drop the "R" and pronounce it "Meyzi."

#14 ThePuck

ThePuck

• Members
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

Ryan has done a great job in just over a year. And we get to add the #4 pick in next years draft, most likely a pitcher (say Appel for this exercise). A future rotation with guys like Meyer, Gibson, Mays, Berrios, Appel, Hendriks, Worley auditioning for spots is darn exciting.

Most of those guys were signed/drafted before Ryan came back

#15 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

Most of those guys were signed/drafted before Ryan came back

Well, actually, 5 of those guys weren't. But you're right that Smith did a solid job in international signings and his drafts haven't finished producing yet.

#16 ThePuck

ThePuck

• Members
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

[quote name='gunnarthor'][quote name='ThePuck'][quote name='gunnarthor']Ryan has done a great job in just over a year. And we get to add the #4 pick in next years draft, most likely a pitcher (say Appel for this exercise). A future rotation with guys like Meyer, Gibson, Mays, Berrios, Appel, Hendriks, Worley auditioning for spots is darn exciting.[/QUOTE]

Most of those guys were signed/drafted before Ryan came back[/QUOTE]

Well, actually, 5 of those guys weren't. But you're right that Smith did a solid job in international signings and his drafts haven't finished producing yet.[/QUOTE]

My apologies...I meant of our top prospects...

And I don't think we'll get Appel

#17 J-Dog Dungan

J-Dog Dungan

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

I am actually believing that the Twins might have a Top 3 ranked system with the new additions and the improvements of their other prospects.