Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Cedar Rapids Announces Coaching Staff

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,284 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

In a Tweet from the Cedar Rapids Kernals:

The 2013 @CRKernels coaching staff has been named! Manager: Jake Mauer, Pitching coach: Gary Lucas, Hitting coach: Tommy Watkins

Mauer moves down to the Midwest League to manage... Have to assume they want to keep the Spanish-speaking Nelson Prada managing Sano, Rosario, Vargas in Ft. Myers? Jim Dwyer likely stays with the Miracle too.

#2 Jim Crikket

Jim Crikket

• Members
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

I'm glad to see Watkins and Lucas being retained on staff and it will be interesting to see what Mauer can do with what should be a pretty talented group of players shuffling through Cedar Rapids this summer.
I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

#3 AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS

AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

I'm glad to see Watkins and Lucas being retained on staff and it will be interesting to see what Mauer can do with what should be a pretty talented group of players shuffling through Cedar Rapids this summer.

Exactly lots of talent coming through there this year. The Twins seem Pretty high on Mauer's ability to manage.