Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Haren to sign 1 year, $13 million deal with Nats

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 chagen

chagen

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

Do the Twins know free agency started? They are allowed to get better but it will cost money.

#22 luke829

luke829

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

[quote name='biggentleben'][quote name='luke829'][quote name='biggentleben'][quote name='gunnarthor']Wow, Nats must not be concerned about his health.[/QUOTE]

More like he's their 4th starter with Strasburg, Gio, and Zimmerman with Detwiler rounding out the rotation. He's basically their Edwin Jackson for this season.[/QUOTE]

If Dan Haren is to the Nats what Edwin Jackson has been to the Rays, then I would expect the Nats rotation to be pretty dominant.[/QUOTE]

Say what? Edwin Jackson was with the Nats last year. He was their one-year signing last year that went out and earned himself a likely multi year deal.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, had the typical brain fart typical of a long, hard day at work.
Mastermind of the "Free Bert" sign.

#23 kab21

kab21

• Members
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

I wonder how long of a contract he was looking for. i think I still would have gone 3 yrs but I'm wondering if he thinks he is going to be able to next season into a ridiculous 4-5 yr deal at 15+M/yr.

I believe that I'm also on record as being disappointed that the Twins didn't get involved when the angels were trading him.