1500ESPN.com's Darren Wolfson tweets that the Twins are close to adding a third baseman for competition with Trevor Plouffe and his hunch is that it is St. Paul's Jack Hannahan.
Hannahan had played the past two years with Cleveland, providing them with a decisively average left-handed platoon option at third (.692 OPS vs RHP) but some above-average glovework (4.2 UZR/150). He has occasional pop but his high strikeout rate (22% career K%) keeps his on-base percentage on the low-end (.319 career OBP). Oh, and Hannahan hit an opposite-field home run off me at Cretin that damn near cleared The Nook across the street.**
If this is deal is similar to the Sean Burroughs deal of last year -- a minor league one with a spring training invite -- it is not a bad proposition. Otherwise, the upside to Hannahan simply is not there.
**Full-admission: I allowed multiple home runs that game. It was so bad, that after the game my Dad, who was going to give me a lift back to my car at my school, was walking along the fence to exit the Cretin complex turned to me and said "Well, my car is across the street and I don't see a gate. Say, why don't you pitch yourself to me and I'll hit you over there?" Good times.
- Article: Vikings Continue to Be Big Losers in Peterson Case
Today, 03:16 AM
- Latest plat
Today, 01:36 AM
- Special Teams fire and cut them all.
Yesterday, 11:50 PM
- Purple Pain Members - Start Here!
Yesterday, 11:41 PM
- Simmons: The Vikings Cursed Cleveland
Yesterday, 09:26 PM
- Please welcome our new moderator: Melanie (Funkytown)
Yesterday, 07:06 PM
- Article: Vikings vs. Dolphins Game Thread
Yesterday, 05:10 PM
- Article: Vikings vs. Dolphins Preview: No Vacation in Miami
Yesterday, 12:06 PM
- Greenway to play after passing of his father...
Yesterday, 11:57 AM
- Article: Preparing For An Off-Season Of Change
Yesterday, 07:29 AM
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email