- Article: Packers vs. Vikings Game Thread
Today, 02:12 PM
- Article: Vikings are Young and a Bit Restless
Today, 11:44 AM
- Where Should The NFL Expand?
Today, 11:16 AM
- Article: Packers vs. Vikings preview: Time to Chill Out
Today, 10:26 AM
- Article: Fantasy Football Week 12 Rankings
Today, 08:46 AM
- Would the Vikings have made the playoffs if Adrian Peterson was playing?
Yesterday, 11:23 AM
- Article: Preparing For Life Without Adrian Peterson
Yesterday, 11:10 AM
- Article: Adrian Peterson/NFLPA Submit Letter of Appeal to NFL
Nov 21 2014 11:11 PM
- Article: NFL Suspends Adrian Peterson for Remainder of 2014 Season
Nov 21 2014 03:08 PM
- Peterson's Mea Culpa Tour Is Starting A Little Late
Nov 21 2014 11:31 AM
Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:42 AM
I would offer a Major League contract with a base around $1M with reachable incentives pushing it to $4M. While not healthy for a while, Harden has had decent numbers.
Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:06 AM
Any team would be foolish to give him a major league deal, give him an invite to spring training and see what happens. Just dont count on him to produce.
Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:18 PM
Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:19 PM
yeah, the news on Harden and Brandon Webb making comebacks again hit Twitter over the weekend. I'd be fine with a low base, high incentive type of deal... I'd also only sign him as a reliever.
Start them in the pen, see how they come alone...but yeah, low base high incentive for sure.
Let's face it, we're gonna throw more money for worthless pitchers anyway...
Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:39 PM
As a third or fourth option, a guy like Webb/Harden might be a good safety net for Gibson. Start them in the rotation out of Spring Training and cross your fingers. If he works out, great. If he falls on his face and/or gets injured, bring up Kyle.
Agreed to a point. At this point Harden has been injured so often that he cannot be counted on as anything other than a reliever, perhaps similar to Jared Burton last year for whom the Twins had to take previous injury history into account when using him on consecutive days. Though, Harden will likely want more than a minor league deal that Burton received. Perhaps something like Zumaya, but hopefully Harden doesn't blow his arm out in spring training.
I'm not so optimistic on Webb. He hasn't been able to catch on with any team for a few years despite his rehab work. It would be a nice, low cost addition, though.