- Article: Fantasy Football Week 13 Rankings
Today, 08:13 AM
- Article: Vikings Journal Mailbag: David Yankey, Drafting and the Offensive Line
Today, 06:21 AM
- Article: When Should We Start Worrying About Teddy? Not This Year
Yesterday, 05:23 PM
- Matt Kalil's brother Ryan comes to his defense
Yesterday, 04:02 PM
- Article: Where Do We Point The Finger?
Yesterday, 03:17 PM
- Article: Fantasy Football Pants Party Podcast - Week 13
Yesterday, 12:48 AM
- Former Viking And Love Boat Coordinator Fred Smoot Arrested
Nov 25 2014 01:35 PM
- MUST SEE: Vikings' Matt Kalil Knocks Hat Off Fans' Head
Nov 25 2014 10:35 AM
- REPORT: Phil Loadholt Done For Season With Torn Pec
Nov 24 2014 08:52 PM
- Aaron Rodgers downs a "Grape Crush" at postgame press conference...
Nov 24 2014 03:35 PM
Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:42 AM
I would offer a Major League contract with a base around $1M with reachable incentives pushing it to $4M. While not healthy for a while, Harden has had decent numbers.
Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:06 AM
Any team would be foolish to give him a major league deal, give him an invite to spring training and see what happens. Just dont count on him to produce.
Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:18 PM
Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:19 PM
yeah, the news on Harden and Brandon Webb making comebacks again hit Twitter over the weekend. I'd be fine with a low base, high incentive type of deal... I'd also only sign him as a reliever.
Start them in the pen, see how they come alone...but yeah, low base high incentive for sure.
Let's face it, we're gonna throw more money for worthless pitchers anyway...
Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:39 PM
As a third or fourth option, a guy like Webb/Harden might be a good safety net for Gibson. Start them in the rotation out of Spring Training and cross your fingers. If he works out, great. If he falls on his face and/or gets injured, bring up Kyle.
Agreed to a point. At this point Harden has been injured so often that he cannot be counted on as anything other than a reliever, perhaps similar to Jared Burton last year for whom the Twins had to take previous injury history into account when using him on consecutive days. Though, Harden will likely want more than a minor league deal that Burton received. Perhaps something like Zumaya, but hopefully Harden doesn't blow his arm out in spring training.
I'm not so optimistic on Webb. He hasn't been able to catch on with any team for a few years despite his rehab work. It would be a nice, low cost addition, though.