- Article: Fantasy Football Week 8 Rankings
Today, 09:28 AM
- Judge Case not recused in Peterson case
Today, 09:14 AM
- Shame On You, Cook and Kanabec Counties
Today, 09:03 AM
- Article: Something’s Gotta Give
Today, 08:34 AM
- NCAA vs Autographs
Today, 12:04 AM
- Article: Preaching Patience with Teddy
Yesterday, 07:49 PM
- This Week in the NFC North - Week 8
Yesterday, 07:07 PM
- Article: Vikings Journal Mailbag: Norv Turner, the Trade Deadline and Anthony Barr
Yesterday, 05:50 PM
- NFL introduces its own Lady Bing award
Yesterday, 08:14 AM
- Vegas favors (1-5) Tampa Bay over Vikings
Oct 21 2014 12:33 PM
Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:21 PM
Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:09 PM
I hope Hannahan isn't brought in on a major league deal, or expected to play any sort of significant innings at 3rd base. The guy doesn't bring anything to the table offensively, and with the holes in the rest of the INF plus a no hit CF most likely, the Twins need power out of their remaining positions (1B,LF, RF, 3B, C, DH).
If you have him on board to be strictly a back up/defensive insurance for a 1/1mil deal then I wouldn't be to upset. But if you want him to start 80 games, no thanks. Would rather give those chances to a guy with upside.
Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:25 PM
Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:36 PM
How is Chavez not a 120 game player anymore when he played in 113 last year? (and had his best year in 7 years)
Blech. No Stewart. Hire Hannahan as a coach. Kepplinger would be cool, but Chavez a little less so. The thing is he's not a 120 game player any more if there aren't DH appearances to be had. The Twins are totally backed up at any position other than 3B he might play. They can't park him in LF, for example.
The Twins wouldn't need him to play that much anyways, he would be a bench bat and could go against tough righties to give Plouffe a break from time to time.
Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:16 PM