Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: 12 Questions With... David Hurlbut

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,491 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:39 AM

You can view the page at http://www.twinsdail...h-David-Hurlbut

#2 DAM DC Twins Fans

DAM DC Twins Fans

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:45 AM

Thanks to both David and Seth--good article--always nice to see (hear??) the personal side of players.

#3 roger

roger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Thanks David, and if you do care to respond, I have a question. You mentioned a specific game against the Cedar Rapids Kernels. Well, next year those Kernels are going to also be Twins. What can you tell us about playing there, the ballpark, the people. Thanks!

#4 leftydh1989

leftydh1989

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

@roger David Hurlbut here. The field itself was very nice, and when we played there, a lot of twins fans were there too. Great atmosphere to play in. It really felt like a ballpark, compared to some fields in the league. Although, when we did travel there, rain tended to come with us. I hope that isn't the case next season lol. It was a good move by the twins to transfer there.

#5 RinaldiPhotos

RinaldiPhotos

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

@roger David Hurlbut here. The field itself was very nice, and when we played there, a lot of twins fans were there too. Great atmosphere to play in. It really felt like a ballpark, compared to some fields in the league. Although, when we did travel there, rain tended to come with us. I hope that isn't the case next season lol. It was a good move by the twins to transfer there.

Translation: Beloit is a piece of **** ,the field sucks, and the atmosphere does as well. Drawing less than 100 people in May during the middle of the week was awesome. In Beloit, you could hear crickets chirp at games. Fort Wayne is the best in the league, and Cedar Rapids is about average, but a much welcome change.