Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

From MinnCentric

Photo

Don't be sad, Denard Span has gone to a better place.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

Today's Fred Rogers Mean Mean Pride

• Members
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

This post is not meant to agitate or to pour salt into anybody's wound who is disappointed by the Denard Span trade.

When you are a child and a loved one has passed away, adults will usually comfort that child by telling them - "Don't be sad Lil' Timmy, Grandpa Elmer is in a better place now".

At first I was a little bit sad because of the loss of Denard Span, but then I realized that Span was in a better place... a much, much better place. In my heart and spirit I have found my peace and I am glad Denard is not suffering anymore.

Mr. Span, we will miss you whole heartedly, but I feel assured in your After-Twin's Life, you will find the fortune and glory that you could not attain on the Minnesota Twins plain of existence.

Peace be with you my friend

#2 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

Yeah, the Nats are a really easy team to root for. Hopefully we can meet them in the world series in a couple years.

#3 Twins Twerp

Twins Twerp

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

What will his inning limit be?

#4 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

• Members
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

What will his inning limit be?

Witty. On that topic, I guess we know what kind of manager Davey Johnson is - a players manager.

Whether shutting down Strasburg was in the whole scheme of things a good move, that is left up to personal opinion.

Davey Johnson, being a former MLB player, was probably looking out for the best interest of Strasburg and his future. I cannot fault him for that.

Who knows what would have happened if Strasburg continued to pitch... maybe the Nats would have won it all, maybe Strasburg would have blown out his elbow again. Davey Johnson is a very good baseball man and GM Rizzo seems competent.

This last one is a fact Jack - We have not seen the last of the Washington Nationals in their quest for a World Championship!

#5 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

• Members
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

Yeah, the Nats are a really easy team to root for. Hopefully we can meet them in the world series in a couple years.

Ditto.

#6 Curt

Curt

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

From Span's perspective, it would be hard to imagine a better outcome for him than this trade. I hope he does well.

#7 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

• Members
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

From Span's perspective, it would be hard to imagine a better outcome for him than this trade. I hope he does well.

Agreed. The Nats are locked and loaded. Excellent 1-3 starters with money to spend this offseason, the bullpen should be even better with a full season of Drew Storen, they have a very good defense and all of their position players are offensive +'s. Even if the Nats lose LaRoche, Morse is an excellent hitter with power to take over 1B.