Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Twins First-Ever Clubhouse Sale

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,481 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

Done with your Christmas shopping? Maybe the Twins can help...

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman]First-Ever Clubhouse Sale[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Calibri] [/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Calibri]What:[/FONT][FONT=Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Calibri]The Minnesota Twins and their concession and retail partner Delaware North Sportservice will host their first-ever Clubhouse Sale featuring never before seen team-issued and game-used gear. Among the many unique items to go on sale will be:[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Symbol]·[FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri]More than 350 game-used or team-issued jerseys[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Symbol]·[FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Nearly 100 team-issued caps[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Symbol]·[FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri]More than 30 locker tags[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Symbol]·[FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri]More than one dozen game-used batting helmets[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Calibri]In addition, the sale will feature 50 percent off select Twins merchandise available only in the Visiting Clubhouse at Target Field.[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Calibri]When:[/FONT][FONT=Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Symbol]·[FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Saturday, December 1 – Noon to 4 p.m.[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Symbol]·[FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Sunday, December 2 – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Calibri]Where:[/FONT][FONT=Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Symbol]·[FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Target Field Visiting Clubhouse[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Symbol]·[FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Fans can park in the Thomson Reuters Champions Club Parking Lot. From Downtown Minneapolis travel down 7th St. toward Target Field. Go left on Twins Way, which is just past the Target Center and immediately adjacent to the A Ramp. Go through one stoplight and turn right into the Thomson Reuters Champions Club parking lot.[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Symbol]·[FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri]Gate 29 will also be open for fans to access the Clubhouse Sale.[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Calibri]Admission Fee:[/FONT][FONT=Calibri][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Calibri]There will be a $5 admission fee, which will benefit the Minnesota Twins Community Fund and can be used toward a purchase in the Twins Clubhouse Sale.[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Calibri]www.twinsbaseball.com[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]

#2 B Richard

B Richard

• Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

Any chance Butera is being sold off? My apartment building needs another doorman

#3 luke829

luke829

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

Any chance Butera is being sold off? My apartment building needs another doorman

Sal would never allow that.
Mastermind of the "Free Bert" sign.

#4 Kobs

Kobs

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

Just be careful not to buy any uniforms worn when they played the Yankees.

#5 Jeremy Nygaard

Jeremy Nygaard

Twins Database Manager

• Twins Database Managers
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

It was pretty neat. Season ticket holders had early access (10-noon). We got their early and were able to check out the construction in right field (they are replacing the bleachers with an area that will be similar to the Roof Deck).

The sale took place in the visiting clubhouse and there was a lot of stuff. Game-used balls, bats, decorative stuff from around the stadium. There was a bunch of jerseys (I saw an Arcia #80 - I think it was - go off the rack). Lots of Danny Valencia jerseys. When I walked out of there around 10:30 there were probably 75 people in the clubhouse, 30 in line to check out and between 150-200 people (maybe more) in line.

On another note, I dropped my father-in-law off at the airport on the way there and was right behind Bill Smith being dropped off by his daughter (it took me a second to notice him, she wasn't bad looking...). I told my father-in-law to remind him that there aren't many pitchers on the roster.

#6 minn55441

minn55441

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

It was pretty neat. Season ticket holders had early access (10-noon). We got their early and were able to check out the construction in right field (they are replacing the bleachers with an area that will be similar to the Roof Deck).

The sale took place in the visiting clubhouse and there was a lot of stuff. Game-used balls, bats, decorative stuff from around the stadium. There was a bunch of jerseys (I saw an Arcia #80 - I think it was - go off the rack). Lots of Danny Valencia jerseys. When I walked out of there around 10:30 there were probably 75 people in the clubhouse, 30 in line to check out and between 150-200 people (maybe more) in line.

On another note, I dropped my father-in-law off at the airport on the way there and was right behind Bill Smith being dropped off by his daughter (it took me a second to notice him, she wasn't bad looking...). I told my father-in-law to remind him that there aren't many pitchers on the roster.

You didn't mention whether you bought anything? I had to work today, but was trying to talk my son into going and purchasing me a christmas gift. I'm pretty sure he never left the house. Did they have pretty much the same stuff that was displayed at the Kiosk in Center field the last couple weeks of the season? I've never been a autograph collector and I have never purchased any memorabilia. I don't think purchasing stuff from a 90+ loss team is the place to start.

Edited by minn55441, 01 December 2012 - 04:10 PM.

#7 Jeremy Nygaard

Jeremy Nygaard

Twins Database Manager

• Twins Database Managers
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

I bought a jacket that was originally $100 (for $50) and a shirt for my wife. I do collect stuff, mostly SGAs and autographs. The game-used stuff was more than I cared to spend. For example, a ball that Esmerling Vasquez pitched in the dirt to A-Roid was selling for $30. I don't know if you made it to the "Metrodome Garage Sale", but this was similar to that... only with a lot less stuff.

One item that I picked up twice but didn't buy: A framed Baseball America with coverboy/top prospect Todd Walker.