- Should Teddy win the ROY award?
Today, 03:05 PM
- Special Teams fire and cut them all.
Today, 02:06 PM
- Please welcome our new moderator: Melanie (Funkytown)
Today, 10:56 AM
- Purple Pain Members - Start Here!
Today, 09:57 AM
- Notable NFL News (Cuts, signings, injuries, etc.)
Today, 06:11 AM
- Vikings Free Agency News
Today, 06:06 AM
- Article: We Wish You a Purple Christmas
Today, 05:48 AM
- Article: Clock Management Bites The Vikings Once Again
Yesterday, 07:58 PM
- Article: Film Review: Teddy Dazzles While the Defense Grew Dim
Yesterday, 08:31 AM
- Article: Vikings Journal Mailbag: Salvaging Players, Fitting Zimmer's Defense, Chemistry and Draft Priorities
Yesterday, 06:15 AM
Article: Winter Meeting Rumor-Mongering - Thursday Edition
Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:17 PM
jctwins - just something we're trying. I wanted to make sure visitors to the front page could find all the smaller stories that are unfolding in the forum.
FWIW I don't read the OP I just read the comments that follow it on the board and figure out what the "article" was. I'd read it if I could see it without having to click another time.
Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:30 AM
Sanchez, E. Jax, Diamond, Myers, Gibson/Hendricks. If not a Myers or Chen, what is the scoop on a non-tender like Jurrjens? How expensive, how effective could a guy like him be in the A.L.?? This gets to the heart of a Willingham deal. The Twins need his power, but I think they need to push Hicks and Arcia. Either one of them would be a defensive upgrade over "The Hammer." I would consider trading Willingham to the Rays, but only if I could get a Shields or Hellickson. I know it would take more than Willingham. His value is at its highest and the Rays need hitting. They have all the pitching they need. The Twins need to build for the future but they can't lose 90+ games next year either. Every arm they acquire this off season is an asset that can be used in the future as their young arms develop. 4. The Twins can't trade Mauer. He's the face of our franchise. Years after he's done catching he will be playing 1B, 3B, DHing. Yes we pay him a lot and he doesn't hit HR's but he's our Jeter. (Then again, it all comes down to what Boston is offering...)
Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:11 AM
rosterman at www.twinscards.com